I write a lot of articles about how to remove programs from Macs. In my opinion, the best way to remove software is to use the Terminal on Mac OS X. In this article, I will show you how to uninstall Opera for Mac.
If you want to uninstall or remove Opera from your Mac, then this post will help you do it in the most hassle-free way possible.
If you’ve used the Opera web browser, you know it’s a pretty neat and efficient browser. In fact, it’s one of the most popular web browsers on the market. However, if you’ve ever accidentally deleted it, you’ll be happy to know that it’s very easy to get it back. You can use the uninstaller by going to the Applications folder in Finder, right-clicking the Opera.app application, and clicking the “Get Info” button in the drop down menu.. Read more about how do i completely remove opera from my mac and let us know what you think.
Opera is a web browser that may be used on Android, iPhone, Windows PC, and Mac computers. People prefer it as the sixth most popular browser. Although Opera is not the finest browser when compared to Chrome or Firefox, it will load online pages swiftly even if your internet connection is slow. A user may want to switch from one browser to another for a variety of reasons. In such circumstances, we must delete the previous one to free up space on our system. The procedures to uninstall or remove Opera from your Mac are outlined in the following instruction.
How to Remove or Uninstall Opera from a Mac
Make sure Opera isn’t running in the background before uninstalling it. Right-click on the Opera icon on the dock and select Quit to force the browser to close. You must also uninstall the application from Dock. To do so, choose Options from the right-click menu on the app icon on the dock. Finally, select Remove from Dock from the drop-down menu.
1) On the Mac’s finder menu bar, select Go.
2) Select the Utilities option from the drop-down menu.
3) Double-click the Activity Monitor on the Utilities screen.
4) Select the Opera app from the activity monitor pane.
5) Now, in the window’s left corner, click the X icon.
6) Select Quit or Force Quit from the pop-up menu.
7) Now, go to Finder > Applications.
8) Right-click the Opera and select Move to Trash from the context menu.
9) Then, in the library folder, identify and delete all of the cache files created by the Opera folder.
10) On the keyboard, hit Command + Shift + G to open Finder.
11) In the search field, type /Library and press Enter.
12) Find and delete the folder com.operasoftware.Opera.
13) Empty the trash to completely remove Opera from your Mac.
Redirect Activities to Safari and Remove Opera-Related Ads
1) On your Mac, open the Safari browser.
2) Select Preferences from the Safari drop-down menu.
3) Go to the Advanced tab and check the box next to Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar.
4) Select Develop and Empty Caches from the Develop menu.
5) Select History and choose Clear History >> All History.
6) Choose Preferences again and then click on Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All.
7) Restart Safari now.
- You can also get rid of these data with Google Chrome, go to Settings > Advanced > Reset Settings. Now, confirm the selection and restart Google Chrome.
- On Firefox. Go to Help > Troubleshooting Information > Refresh Firefox and then restart Firefox.
Opera may be uninstalled with App Cleaner or Uninstaller.
1) On a Mac, install an app cleanser and installer.
2) Open the software you just installed and choose the Opera icon.
3) To uninstall Opera from your Mac, click Remove.
4) To confirm, click Remove once again.
Any of the methods listed above can be used to remove Opera from your Mac. On a Mac, you can install whatever web browser you like. Please let us know if you have any questions in the comments area below. For additional information, visit Techowns’ Facebook and Twitter sites.
There are many ways to remove Opera from your Mac. For this particular tutorial, we will use the application called ‘Terminal’.. Read more about how did opera get on my mac and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I completely remove opera?
You can use the uninstaller to remove all traces of Opera from your system.
What is opera and why is it on my Mac?
Opera is a type of music that originated in Italy. It is typically sung by one or more singers with musical accompaniment, usually consisting of a string section and organ.
Is opera a virus?
I am not sure what you mean by opera but if you are asking whether opera is a virus, the answer is no.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- opera uninstall tool
- how do i remove opera from my computer
- how to uninstall opera
- how to uninstall opera on windows 10
- how did opera get on my computer