If you are an insider of device channels, you can download the new version of Windows 10 today. However, this release differs from similar previous releases because it comes from a new branch.
Windows 10 Build 20246, as well as future flights in the development chain, will now come from the FE_RELEASE branch. But that’s not all. In this version also some new features have been removed.
ALWAYS: The vision for the future of Windows 10 is everything we can hope for.
Updated emotion selection, redesigned touchpad, voice input, screen saver and other functions are lost. But don’t panic, their withdrawal is only temporary. Microsoft plans to return them to insiders at future meetings.
The experience of viewing the calendar application will also be removed in a future update and will regain its classic look.
The most important extension of this building:
- Microsoft has added the automatic installation of the Linux distribution to the wsl.exe command –install! This means that users who want to quickly install a Windows subsystem for Linux can simply type wsl.exe – on the command line and get a fully functional WSL instance, including the selected Linux distribution.
Repairs in this building:
- Fixed a bug that caused the KMODE_EXCEPTION error on some devices when using certain virtualization technologies.
- Fixed an issue that prevented web-protected devices with malicious bytes from connecting to the network.
- A bug that caused some devices to get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pocket control on tcpip.sys has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Choose Time button in the Windows Update dialog box to stop working.
- The problem that arose when the mouse pointer pointed at a thumbnail in the task window displaying an unexpected frame around the item has been solved.
- Fixed an issue where the Chekksk could be blocked at 100% because the message was not printed, indicating that it was ready.
- Fixed an issue that some audio devices may not function properly when playing the latest versions.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Update page in the Settings section does not load when connecting to a Wi-Fi network without an Internet connection.
- The problem that sometimes caused the settings to be aborted when the Update and Security category was clicked has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the unexpected display of a wrong category size in the backup settings (more than what was visible in the file explorer).
- Resolved an issue that may cause an emergency shutdown when managing partition size in the Storage Settings section.
- Fixed an issue that prevented GPU computing in scenarios such as CUDA and DirectML, which for some users did not work in the Windows for Linux subsystem.
Known issues :
- Microsoft is investigating reports about the installation of store games on a secondary drive that is not part of the operating system, with the result that the secondary drive is unavailable. To avoid this, you must change the default location of the new content for the PRIOR secondary drive to install the game. You can change this under Settings > Storage > Storage location for new content.
- Microsoft reports that the upgrade process has been suspended for a long time when trying to install a new version.
- Live preview of pinned websites is not yet enabled for all insiders. For example, if you hover the mouse over a thumbnail in the taskbar, you may see a gray window. Microsoft continues to refine this experience.
- Microsoft is working on creating a new taskbar for existing pricked sites. At the same time, you can print the website from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then reprint the website.
- Microsoft is trying to fix an issue that causes a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error on some devices.
- Microsoft is investigating an issue reported by some insiders where the power button on the Start Menu taskbar is stuck. If this happens on your computer, you may need to use the Windows key plus the X menu to turn it off for a certain period of time.
- Windows insiders on ARM PCs, such as Surface Pro X, will notice that Windows PowerShell cannot run on this version. Alternatively, you can use Windows PowerShell (x86) or Windows PowerShell ISE (x86) from the Start menu if you need to use PowerShell. Or download the new modern version of PowerShell 7, which uses ARM and works on site. Moreover, the symbol is more beautiful.
windows os,microsoft 10,windows 10 pro,windows 10s