Gmail is an essential application for many Android users and an integrated email client on many devices. However, there are cases where it just doesn’t work as intended. We’ve addressed the reporting issues that bothered many users around the world, and now it seems that Gmail leaves many others out.
If you are one of them, follow these steps. Remember that this applies to memory ROMs, not to custom ROMs. It is not uncommon for GAPPS (Google Apps packages) to cause such problems. If you are using custom AOSP ROMs and flashing Gapps, we cannot help you unless we advise you to switch to Gapp-compatible ROMs.
Table of Contents :
- Clear the Gmail cache and data
- Login and access to your account
- Reinstall Gmail updates
- Back to an older version of Gmail
- Clear Google’s cache and data
Why is my Gmail request interrupted?
1. Cache and GmailDelete data
Let’s look at possible damage to the cache files first. It seems that this issue is especially relevant after a major update of Android and cleaning up everything that should solve the problem immediately.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the settings.
- Select Applications and Communications.
- Select all applications.
- Open Gmail from the list of available applications
- Choose Save.
- Delete the cache and the data.
- Go back and check the permits.
- Authorization for Gmail.
- Restart the device.
2. Log out and login to your account
The next step is to delete your Google Account and add it again. There may be problems with your accounts if you change them regularly. It’s the same here: When using a custom ROM, issues with Google services and their impact on applications such as Gmail are common.
- Open the settings.
- Select the accounts.
- Open a Google Account.
- Delete the account and restart the device.
- Log back in to your Google Account and see if any improvements have been made to Gmail.
3. Reinstall Gmail
Then you can try reinstalling Gmail. This is a necessary, pre-installed Android application, so you cannot uninstall it (at least not safely). This way you can remove all updates and look for improvements.
Learn how to remove updates from Gmail:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Find Gail.
- Tap Delete to remove all updates.
- Restart your device and open Gmail.
If Gmail continues to run in emergency mode, follow the additional steps below.
4. Back to an older version of Gmail
Another way to solve the failure of the Gmail application is to reset the application. Chances are that the latest version of the application you have on your device has a bigger problem, and the best way to solve this is to download and install an older version of Gmail using the MOTK Mirror.
Follow these instructions to return to the old version of Gmail on your Android :
- Go to the KPA mirror here.
- Downloading an older version of Gmail Make sure you stick to the latest versions to avoid compatibility issues, but avoid the latest version.
- Authorize the installation and setup by APK.
- Restart your device and try Gmail again.
5. Deleting Google cache and service data
Finally, make sure that the right Google services work as expected. Gmail and other pre-installed applications depend heavily on it and it is very likely that Gmail will crash as a result.
Below is what you need to do to clean up data stored locally by Google services:
- Go back to Settings > Requests and notifications > All requests.
- Touch the three-button menu and then touch Show System.
- Open Google Play, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework one by one and remove the cache and data from all three applications. application freezes
- Restart the device and look for improvements.
And in that sense, we can draw a line under it. Thank you for reading it and make sure you post your questions or additional solutions in the comments field below. We’ll definitely add it to the list.
gmail keeps crashing on laptop,gmail keeps crashing iphone,gmail keeps crashing on ipad,gmail crash news,gmail app crashes when attaching a file,gmail crashing on mac,gmail keeps crashing on mac,my gmail app keeps crashing iphone,gmail create,email keeps stopping on android phone,why does my messages app keep crashing,google fit keeps crashing,gmail login,gmail create new account,gmail crashing 2020,gmail crash twitter,gmail news,gmail app not working iphone,gmail app not opening,lg g5 gmail keeps stopping,why is my email app not working,sync is currently experiencing problems,download gmail app,gmail app crashing iphone 11,iphone xr google app keeps crashing,gmail app crashing 2020,gmail keeps stopping 2020,gmail app keeps crashing iphone,why does my gmail keep stopping,gmail keeps crashing windows 10,gmail keeps stopping on android,gmail app crashing iphone 7