WhatsApp offers excellent integration with Google Drive, allowing you to store your chat backups without taking up too much space. You can set automatic backup intervals and you don’t have to worry about losing your chat history. However, some users report that for some reason they are unable to back up from WhatsApp to Google Drive. If you are one of them, please refer to the solutions below.
Table of Contents :
- Check WhatsApp settings
- Remove the chat backups from the disk and try again.
- WhatsApp Cache and Data Erase
- Delete and re-add access
- Reinstall WhatsApp
- Back to an older version of WhatsApp
Why can’t WhatsApp backup to Google Drive?
If WhatsApp does not save your chat history on Google Drive, check the correct settings in the application. In addition, you can reinstall the application, go back to a previous version or even update it via the MOT.
1. WhatsAppCheck parameters
The first thing you need to do is make sure the Google Drive has the necessary rights to secure the Google Drive. Moreover, the application seems to have failed because it forgot the Google account linked to the disk.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Touch the three-step menu and open Settings.
- Choose Chat.
- Select Save Chat.
- Click on a Google Account (Gmail address) and select an account if it does not already exist. If your account exists, just click on it to access Google Drive..
- Click on Backup.
2. Remove the chat backups from the drive and tryagain.
Then you can try to delete a backup of the chat from the hard drive and create a new one. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Google Drive on your device.
- Press the burger menu and select Backup.
- Remove the backup from WhatsApp and close the application.drive.
- Open WhatsApp and try to make a new backup.
3. Clear Cache and WhatsApp Data
You can also reset the application by clearing the cache and local data. It is very likely that some of the data will be damaged so that the application will not work as intended.
Follow these steps to clear the WhatsApp cache and data
- Open the settings.
- Select Applications and Communications.
- Select all applications.
- Open WhatsApp at the bottom of the list.
- Choose Save.
- Delete the cache and the data.
- Restart your device and log back in to WhatsApp.
4. Delete and re-add access
Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. If the above steps have not solved the problem, you can try ending the access that WhatsApp provides in your Google Account settings. Once you have deleted the access, allow it again in the application settings.
Follow these instructions to terminate WhatsApp’s access to Google Drive:
- Go here to the settings of your Google Account.
- Log in if necessary and open Security in the left part.
- Scroll down and under Third Party Applications with Account Access, open the Manage Third Party Access menu.
- Cancel Google Drive for WhatsApp
- Now open the WhatsApp application on your device, go to Settings > Chat > Backup Chat, and tap your Google Account. Allow WhatsApp to access Google Drive.
- Try to pull back.
5. Relocation of WhatsApp
You can also try to solve the problem by reinstalling the application from the Playback Store. Something is probably wrong, and problems are more visible when you upgrade to a new version of Android.
Follow these instructions to reinstall WhatsApp:
- Play in the open store.
- Find WhatsApp and delete the application. You may also consider stopping the beta program, as there may be an error in the current beta program. Keep the version stable. .
- Restart the device and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Check for improvement.
6. Back to an older version of WhatsApp
If the latest stable version available in the shop is not suitable for you, you can now use the MOT installation to upgrade to an older (or newer) version. Only make sure you adhere to MOT aggregation sites that are reliable.
Follow these steps to install the old WhatsApp MOTCH on your device
- Go here to MOTHMirror and download the old MOTH WhatsApp. You can also try a different version than the one currently installed on your device. Beta versions are also an option, but we recommend avoiding them for stability reasons.
- Uninstall the application as described in Resolution 5.
- Allows the installation of external sources.
- Install the MOT, log in and look for improvements.
In that sense, we can talk about closure. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for such articles.
how to restore whatsapp backup iphone,whatsapp backup to sd card,whatsapp media backup,whatsapp backup delete google drive,restore old whatsapp backup from google drive,couldn't restore chat history whatsapp iphone,how to stop whatsapp backup restore,whatsapp chat backup stuck on 94,whatsapp restore from icloud not working,whatsapp pocket,whatsapp restore stuck android,how to stop whatsapp local backup on android,whatsapp backup error,yowhatsapp backup error,could not start conversation whatsapp,whatsapp official page,unable to restore whatsapp backup from icloud,whatsapp backup taking longer than expected,whatsapp iphone to drive,whatsapp backup from google on iphone,can i backup my iphone 6 to google drive,transfer icloud to google drive,iphone whatsapp backup,how to backup whatsapp from iphone to android,whatsapp restore google drive error,corrupted whatsapp backup,whatsapp restore backup stuck android,my whatsapp data automatically deleted,whatsapp only restore group chat,yowhatsapp google drive backup,how to backup whatsapp deleted images,whatsapp backup app,restore gbwhatsapp backup to whatsapp,whatsapp backup & restore,how do i get my old whatsapp account back,unable to restore whatsapp backup from google drive,how to restore whatsapp backup from google drive,how to restore whatsapp backup from google drive to iphone,whatsapp unable to access google drive,whatsapp backup stuck iphone,unable to access your account at this time whatsapp,how to cancel whatsapp backup,whatsapp no backup found google drive