However, it is likely that these users have accumulated many emails in your account over the years, and therefore it is more difficult to find specific content among the folders. Therefore an extensive search function has been created.
In fact, this option allows you to efficiently retrieve any email or an excerpt from it. Therefore, we will show you their main benefits and how to use them to get the most out of them.
What is Gmail Advanced Search and what are the benefits?
Advanced search is defined as an extension of the simple search function, which allows a variety of search criteria to be used when accurately searching for archived objects. For example, Gmail’s Advanced Search is a tool that allows you to filter the results to quickly and accurately find a specific message.
Gmail’s advanced search feature lets you find emails that suggest specific search terms when users type in words. By default, this is based on the information stored in the corresponding Gmail account. That is, both messages and contacts and z. B. Previous searches and tags. Thus, this functionality is characterized by the guarantee of optimal benefit for the users of the Gmail platform.
They are summarised below:
- Speed. The system gives you the information you need within seconds, without the need for a long search.
- It’s simple. Just type in a word or phrase and you’ll find what you’re looking for in all your emails.
- Organization. As if that wasn’t enough, this Gmail option is also used to empty the service’s mailbox.
- Versatility. Advanced search not only makes it easy to find a message, but also helps you free up and reclaim space in your Gmail account by targeting the oldest and most redundant messages.
Step-by-step training on how to use Gmail’s advanced search feature to find any email on any device
To get the most out of Advanced Search in Gmail, you need to know how to use this feature.
Therefore, below we specify each of the available options to do this with advanced search commands, specify an email, or obtain a specific attachment, depending on your needs:
Advanced search commands for Gmail
Gmail provides a set of commands, called operators, which are defined as sequences of words and symbols that you type into the search box to perform certain Gmail-supported actions. These are useful and ideal commands to quickly filter email and also other functions. In addition to speeding up the search process, you can combine commands to further filter the results.
That way, you can easily customize your search, get much better results and quickly find what you need in Gmail. In this sense, the main reason for using these operators is that they are characterized by saving time for the user. Or, for example, to search for messages from a particular sender (desde), to enter detailed keywords (subject), to receive emails from a particular recipient (to address), etc.
The process of using on the platform consists of :
- First, go to your Gmail account.
- On the homepage you will find the search bar at the top.
- Then type the command or advanced search operator you want to use.
- Finally, enter your search term and press the Enter key to display the search results.
Search for all mail
This is the most commonly used method of advanced search in Gmail. A) Yes, use the Search tab at the top. This gives you the ability to filter different data according to your needs.
In this sense, the search for an e-mail based on this method is done step by step as follows
- Log in to your Gmail account to get started.
- Now click on the down arrow that is visible in the search bar.
- Once you’ve unfolded the tab, it’s time to find the most accurate details about the email you’re looking for.
- Finally, once you have filled in the desired fields, simply pull down the Search button to see the results. If you want, you can also make a filter with it.
The available fields should be highlighted to help differentiate the advanced search in this way : From, To, Subject, Contains words (keywords), Does not contain, Size (in megabytes), Date range, Search, Contains attachments (or not), and Does not contain cats.
Yeah, instead of, let’s say. For example, to search for an email from a specific person or within a specific time period that contains an email with an attachment, you need to use other more specific methods.
So the important thing is this:
- Log in to your Gmail Y account and go to the search bar at the top.
- Then select the down arrow and click on Contains Attachments to click on Search.
- To further filter the search, select the attachment type (image, spreadsheet, PDF, document, etc.) above. That’s all I’m saying.
Another way to find an attachment that is specific to your Gmail account is to use a search called file name. It is characterized by the fact that it is easier to find a particular file or attachment type. If you z. B. a PDF file needs to be retrieved, the search term would be : File Name : Program.pdf.
List of the most useful advanced search commands for finding anything in Gmail
If it seems more convenient to use the advanced search operators in Gmail to filter email and identify data faster, you need to know which commands are most useful to fully utilize this feature.
Therefore, we highlight the most effective shortcuts that you can enter in the search bar :
- File Name : (File Name) or (File Type) – Allows you to search the system for a specific file or attachment type.
- Subject: (word) or (phrase) – finds emails that contain the word or phrase specified in the subject line.
- Category: (category name) – Search for emails in the entered category.
- Before: (before – date) – displays emails sent before a certain date.
- After: (after – date) – Finds email addresses sent on or after the specified date.
- By: (Sender) is a command that allows you to view messages from a succinct sender.
- To: (Recipient) – Used to find the recipient of the message in Gmail.
- In: (Folder) or (Shortcut) – It is useful to search for E-mails located in this folder or shortcut.
- CC : (Name) – Specify a sent Gmail message in which a specific name is copied.
- Bcc: (Name) – Helps detect shared emails that blindly copy a specific user.
- Label: (Label) – it is about finding messages based on certain labels.
- V : everywhere : – Keep email messages in each folder of the email service.
- A : Attachment – searches for messages that have an attachment.
- OR: (capital letters only) – Allows you to create word combinations. For example: Subject: (labor OR delivery).
- (completed) – Ideal for excluding letters with this specific term.
- (word or phrase) – Search for a specific word or phrase from all posts.
- + (word) – Searches for email messages containing the exact word.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible and it will also be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author: Saharaj Perez
My passion is technology and social media. I search and document the latest news and tips from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and all other social media.
You may also be interested in the following product:
frequently asked questions
How do I perform an advanced search in Gmail?
Open Gmail and click the down arrow on the right side of the search bar. The Advanced Search drop-down menu will open, allowing you to refine your search. Like for an advanced search: The more information you enter, the tighter the results will be.
How can I use the search feature in Gmail for better identification?
How to find your email in Gmail like a pro – businesses
How do I find a specific date in Gmail?
To search for emails by specific date, tap after : YYYY/MM/DD in the search box, replacing these letters with the actual date. For example, write after:2015/03/29 to search for emails sent after the 29th. March 2015. You can use the word in a new way, not after the fact.
gmail search wildcard,gmail search by name,gmail search operators not,gmail search date range,gmail filters,gmail sign up,gmail search attachment size,gmail filter multiple from,gmail filter from domain,gmail search exact phrase not working,gmail multiple search operators,gmail search regex,how to find attachments in gmail thread,how do i search for a gmail user?,gmail tricks and secrets,hidden features of gmail,gmail tricks 2020,gmail address tricks,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,gmail search operators,gmail search multiple labels,how to search for emails with attachments in gmail,gmail search exclude label,gmail search inbox only