We have discussed the importance of updating the firmware on your Vizio soundbar. The latest features and integration with the device’s updated software allow you to get the most out of your sound system.
In the previous article we explained how to easily update the firmware of the soundbar using the Vizio SmartCast mobile application. Using the application provided by Vizio, you can connect the soundbar to the Internet via WiFi. After that, a firmware update is child’s play.
credit : Vizio
However, there will be times when the simplest method seems to be the most difficult. Sometimes the automatic firmware update fails and the device remains locked during the update. In some other situations, the Check for Updates button does not work or does not appear in the options menu.
Either way, you can still get your hands dirty by manually updating the soundbar’s firmware. The good thing is that Vizio made the manual process simple and not as complicated as you might think. All you need is a computer, an internet connection and a USB stick to install the latest firmware on your Vizio soundbar.
To check the current firmware version on the Viziosoundbar
Credit : Vizio
First you need to check the current version of the installed firmware in the Vizio soundbar. You will need this information to check if you need to update the software later. Proceed as follows:
- Use the Vizio SmartCast Mobile application. You can check the firmware version using the SmartCast Mobile application. Simply go to the application’s soundbar menu by selecting Settings (gear icon) > System and then go to System Info.
- You can also check the current firmware version by simultaneously pressing the Volume (+) and Volume (-) buttons on the soundbar. The LED on the front of the buzzer panel flashes to indicate the version, or the version number is displayed.
To download the latest firmware update for the Viziosoundbar
Follow the steps below to download the latest device software for your specific Vizio soundbar model:
- Visit the official Vizio soundbar support page at https://support.vizio.com/s/?language=en_US.
- Enter the model number of the Vizio soundbar.
- When the update is available, it will appear in the search results.
- The download link is mentioned in the support article.
- Click the Download button to get the latest firmware version.
Manually installing the firmware update on the VizioAudio Display
- Unzip the .zip file you downloaded from the Vizio support page.
- You must use an empty USB stick with at least 2 GB of storage space, formatted in FAT format.
- Copy the unpacked files to the root folder of your USB stick. Do not place update files in the folder.
- Activate the soundbar and set it to the mute input.
- Then insert the USB stick into the slot on the back of the soundbar.
- First, two flashing lights appear on the soundbar to indicate that the firmware update is in progress.
- More lights flash when you upgrade.
- When the update is complete, the blinkers will stop and your soundbar will turn on again.
Please note that the update can take up to 15 minutes. Make sure the Soundbar is connected to a stable power source during this time to avoid interruptions. It is also not recommended to turn the soundbar on and off manually.
You can use the procedure described above to check whether the latest firmware version has been installed.
vizio soundbar firmware update 2020,sb3651-e6 firmware,vizio sb36512-f6 factory reset,sb362an-f6 firmware update,sb3821-c6 firmware,vizio support page,vizio firmware update: 2020,vizio firmware hack,vizio tv stuck on downloading updates,vizio support website,how to update vizio e601i-a3,vizio 3.0 firmware,vizio sb36512 f6 firmware loop,vizio sb3651-f6 firmware update,vizio sb36512-f6 earc,vizio 7.0 8.2 2,vizio firmware update,vizio atmos soundbar firmware update,sb46514-f6,vizio reddit,sb36512-f6,vizio support,vizio soundbar firmware update 2019,vizio soundbar sb3651-e6 firmware update,how to check vizio soundbar firmware,vizio soundbar update complete,vizio firmware release notes