How do I access NordVPN on Roku
As mentioned earlier, you can’t install the NordVPN app on the Roku. However, that doesn’t stop you from using a VPN on Roku. You can use one of the following methods.
- To configure the physical router
- To configure the virtual router
Method 1: Physical router configuration
It’s a bit of a complicated process, but it allows you to set up NordVPN directly on Roku. Using the physical router is faster than using the virtual router. Only a few routers are compatible with the VPN configuration. So make sure you buy a VPN-compatible router.
1) Make sure you subscribe to NordVPN.
2) Connect to the router with your smartphone or computer and configure NordVPN.
- Tap the VPN menu in the left menu bar.
- Click on VPN Client >> Add Profile.
- Select OpenVPN and enter the required data.
- Visit this NordVPN page and download the utility files for your desired server.
- Load the file into the VPN Client Page dialog box.
- After downloading the file, click OK and select the WAN menu in the sidebar.
- Under WAN DNS Setup, enter the DNS server addresses in the DNS 1 and DNS 2 columns.
- Click Apply and return to the VPN Client page.
- Select Activate and a blue check mark will appear on the screen to indicate successful configuration.
Note – Linksys, Arris, Netgear, Mikrotik, Tp-Link and D-Link routers are not compatible with NordVPN.
3) Turn on your Roku device and go to settings.
4) Select Network and press connect button.
5) Select Wireless Connection and connect to the WiFi network where NordVPN is configured.
6) You can now easily access Roku content with limited geographical access.
Method 2: Virtual Router Configuration
This method requires your Windows or Mac computer to create a virtual WiFi configured with NordVPN. After you create a virtual WiFi network, you can connect your Roku to that WiFi network to access content with geographical restrictions.
Creating a virtual router under Windows
1) Log in to NordVPN and then install the NordVPN application on your Windows PC.
2) Open the network and internet settings.
3) In the left pane, tap the Mobile hotspot menu and turn on the Share my internet connection with other devices option.
4) Click the Status tab, and then click Change Adapter Settings.
5) Right-click on the NordVPN tap adapter and select Properties.
6) Go to the Sharing section and check the box next to Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
7) Select the access point you created from the drop-down list and click OK.
8) Launch NordVPN and connect to the US server or any other server you need.
9) Now go to my.roku.com and log into your Roku account. Set your country as the United States and enter your US zip code.
10) Now reset your Roku device to factory settings.
11) After the reset, set up Roku with a new account for the US region.
12) From the Roku home screen, go to Settings > Network > Connection Settings > Wireless.
13) Now select the virtual WiFi configured with NordVPN.
Mac Virtual Router
1) Tap the Apple logo on your Mac.
2) Go to System Preferences > Network.
3) In the window that opens, select the interface as VPN, the VPN type as IKEv2, and the service name as Roku.
4) Enter the NordVPN server address. You can get it on this site.
5) Click Authentication Settings > Login with NordVPN credentials > OK.
6) Click on the Advanced button and select Send all traffic over a VPN connection. C
7) Click on OK >> Apply.
7) Now press the Connect button.
8) Click the Apple logo again > System Preferences > Sharing. Select Internet and Wi-Fi sharing.
9) Enter the following information.
- Network name : Network name
- Channel: Standard
- Security: Select WPA2 Personal
- Password: Create your own password
- Make sure: Please enter your password.
10) Finally, click OK to complete the installation.
11) Once you have completed these steps, connect the Roku to your WiFi network by following the instructions in the Windows method.
Since NordVPN isn’t available as a separate app for Roku, you’ll have to rely on these methods. If you have any questions about this, please send us an email in the comment box below. Follow Techown’s Facebook and Twitter pages to read our tutorials directly.
frequently asked questions
How do I install NordVPN on Roku?
Can I install a VPN on Roku?
Roku streaming players do not have a built-in VPN configuration option. To use a VPN, you must connect your Roku device to a VPN router or virtual router. You will also need to create an account for the country in which you wish to access the content.
How can I use Nord VPN on my TV?
android tv download
how to setup nordvpn on router,how to install nordvpn on roku,free vpn for roku,roku vpn hack,nordvpn/tutorials,how to install vpn on roku,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,NordVPN,ExpressV…,CyberGhost VPN,VyprVPN,PureVPN,TunnelBear,See more,setup nordvpn on tp-link router,best nordvpn settings