Mobile data, whether we like it or not, is the only alternative to Wi-Fi in our largely network dependent lives. However, many users have limited monthly plans, and keeping their data until the limit is reached can be a real burden, as most applications depend on connectivity. Fortunately, there are many ways to back up data on Android, and we’ve listed them for you below.
Table of Contents :
- Sharing backup data
- Configure individual requests
- Deactivate the use of master data
- Disable automatic update via mobile data
- Avoid streaming media to data
- Disabling mobile data is always active
5 easy ways to back up mobile data on Android
If mobile data consumption is a problem, there are certainly ways to reduce it. Enabling data logging, disabling automatic data refresh, or simply not streaming media when not using Wi-Fi should help you considerably.
1. Allow data storage
The first option you should consider is data security. This is a built-in feature that limits the use of application data in the background and allows them to use Wi-Fi instead (if available). So, no refreshments or
Learn how to activate data protection on Android:
- Open the settings.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Expand the options, and tap Save Data.
- Activate the data storage.
- From here you can also access and deactivate the list of applications with unlimited access.
2. Optimizing individual requests
Many applications have data storage options that may not be suitable for limited use, but are certainly useful in the long term. Items such as Chrome’s Lite mode, Instagram’s Less Data feature, or Twitter and Facebook’s storage configuration help reduce data usage.
And many other applications have similar options, just take a look at the settings of the built-in application. And as I said, it’s not much, but the data ceiling soon becomes clear when you have a dozen applications constantly using 4G/LTE in the background.
You can try it yourself. Just open the network dependent application and check the settings. If you find a data storage mode, you must activate it. Performance may suffer a little, but at least you keep some data for later.
3. Disable the use of master data
This point is largely covered by the Data Manager who, as mentioned above, limits the use of basic data. However, you can also access individual applications in the system settings and deny them access to data until they are actively used.
Another good way to control the use of data. But instead of imposing restrictions on the use of background data for all applications, you can simply configure only those applications that use too much data.
Find out how to disable the use of background data for individual applications on Android:
- Open the settings.
- Select Applications and Communications.
- Widen all requests.
- Open applications that do not need to run in the background and select Mobile Data and Wi-Fi.
- Here you can prohibit the use of the application in the background for mobile data or allow unlimited data use instead. It’s up to you.
4. Disable automatic update via mobile data
Updating applications in the Play Store via data instead of wifi is a safe way to use data quickly. That’s why it’s important to make sure the applications don’t automatically update the mobile data every time.
Of course, if absolutely necessary, you can also manually update applications via mobile data. However, it is best to wait until your Wi-Fi network is available.
Find out how to disable automatic application updates via mobile data in the Play Store:
- Outdoor games shop.
- Tap the burger menu in the top left corner and open the settings.
- There are several categories of data retention to be considered here. First, automatic update requests. Set to Wi-Fi only.
- In addition, application download and automatic video playback settings may be limited to Wi-Fi only. Check these items as well.
5. Avoid streaming media to data
Streaming high definition video and music in high quality on mobile devices quickly runs out. That’s why most media streaming applications such as YouTube, YouTube Music or Spotify have the ability to reduce the quality of mobile data or prevent streaming altogether.
You can download content at any time, but this of course requires premium subscriptions to the relevant services.
6. Always switch on mobile dataSwitch off
Finally, there is an option to switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data when Wi-Fi is not working or the connection is slow. A great option on paper, but it will use your data, and data retention is our main goal here.
This option is hidden in the development options (where normal users rarely get lost), but we’ll show you how to enable the development options and still disable mobile data as an option.
That’s what you have to do:
- Open the settings.
- Select Over phone.
- Press the building number 7 times to unlock the developer options. Add a pin or pattern when you are invited.
- Go back to the settings and open the system.
- Creating opportunities for developers.
- Scroll to Mobile Data Always On and disable this function.
That should be enough. Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to learn more about writing articles and to deepen your understanding of the Android and iOS platforms.
data saving apps android,how to save data in mi phone,google meet data consumption per hour,how to save data in youtube,how to save data in vivo mobile,how to save data on instagram,requestlegacyexternalstorage,android list files in internal storage,storage access framework,getexternalstoragedirectory,android save file to external storage example,android save file to internal storage example,should data saver be on or off,chrome using too much foreground data,sync data twitter meaning,data saver mode iphone,how to reduce data usage in google chrome pc,best data saving browser for android 2020,how to reduce data usage iphone,how to reduce data usage on pc,android data usage settings,why is my data running out so fast,how to save internet data and use it later,how to save data on pc,how to save data on youtube,high mobile data usage notification,how to set daily data limit on mi,data saver on or off,how to store unused data,how to save mobile data on iphone,save data android studio,how to save internet mb's,data running out fast samsung,we can open data from,how to restrict data usage on android,how to save data on iphone,data saver,how to save wifi data,how to save data in google meet