Looking to move your beehive and its bees in Minecraft? Follow these simple steps to do so safely and without incident.
Where to find Bee Nests
Bee nests are found all around the Minecraft universe. They are found in floral forest biomes and other more temperate areas. They often resemble a little cluster of logs with leaves on top and may house up to three bee hives. Getting too near to a nest may lead the bees to become aggressive, so approach with caution and from a safe distance. If you see any honey bottles or honeycomb nearby, it’s a good bet there’s a bee nest nearby as well.
It is recommended to defend oneself from probable bee assaults by wearing armor such as iron or diamond armor while looking for nests. Furthermore, employing shears on the nest may provide wax and honeycomb when mined; but only if you have proper protection on available. You are now ready to begin securely transferring the hive and its bees after you have located a bee nest in the Minecraft environment.
How to craft a Beehive
Making a beehive in Minecraft is a surprisingly simple task. All you need are 6 wood blocks (there are many different kinds of wood blocks that work in this recipe) and 3 honeycomb blocks.
- Arrange three wood blocks in a row horizontally, allowing one gap between each block.
- On top of the wooden blocks, place the three honeycomb blocks. This will result in a beehive form that resembles a real-life beehive.
- Add three more wooden pieces to the top, and your beehive should be completed.
While building your beehive, avoid any bee mobs since they may turn aggressive if provoked or disturbed. Once you’ve built your beehive and put it in a region that bee mobs may go into and out of, it must have air spaces surrounding it otherwise you could discover some bees moving inside your freshly made building.
How to move a Beehive in Minecraft with Silk Touch
It might be difficult to move a beehive in Minecraft. When a player attempts to relocate a beehive, the bees usually swarm out and follow the player, which might result in an unpleasant surprise. You’ll need an enchanted Silk Touch tool to securely move a beehive in Minecraft without unleashing its bees. Magical materials discovered in chests dispersed across the game environment may be used to build enchanted tools.
Once you’ve equipped your Silk Touch tool, right-click on the beehive to pick it up and transfer it anywhere you like. The bees will not be bothered by your movement since they will stay within the hive. Silk Touch may also be used to move any other block or creature. Moving a creature with this enchant may cause it to become hostile or agitated, so proceed with caution.
How to move Bees
Moving bees in Minecraft might be tough, but with a few basic methods, you can securely relocate your beehive and its residents.
Before relocating the bees, it’s critical to improve their health by feeding them sugar or honeycomb. Once they are healthy, find the beehive and gently dismantle it with your hands and no equipment. As you take apart the hive, be sure to gather any honeycomb that has formed within. Collecting these things will assist you in keeping your new hive filled.
Wear protective clothes while collecting and transporting the bees. This includes gloves, masks, and netting that protects your head and upper body from stings.
- Dig a two-block-deep hole at the destination site where you want to transport the hive after you’ve collected all of your equipment and supplies, unless you’re using creative mode.
- Place two blocks on either side of the hole to form a “wall” for the bees; and another block on top to serve as an entranceway for them into their new home.
- Put your gathered honeycomb inside, along with any additional decorations you like for their hive, such as flowers or earth blocks.
- Now gently move all of your bees from their old house to their new one without squishing them. Congratulations in moving bees successfully in Minecraft.
Finally, if done right, transferring a beehive and its bees in Minecraft is a rather simple task. Finding a good position for the new hive, gently mining the previous hive using a Silk Touch pickaxe, erecting apiary frames in the new location, and transporting the bees are all processes required. To prevent potentially severe stings, it is essential to wear protective clothing while transferring bees. Moving a beehive and its bees in Minecraft may be a rewarding experience if all of these procedures are done properly.
Checkout this video: