RECOMMENDED: Download this tool to safely fix common Windows errors and automatically optimize system performance.
If you are using a Windows 10 PC, you know that the Windows Firewall is an irreversible component that should always be enabled. It helps fix vulnerabilities and protects you from dangerous viruses, malware and spyware.
However, some users have complained about an error that occurs when they try to activate or enable Windows Firewall. This particular error message appears on their computer screen:
Windows-Firewall-can-change-some-of-your-settings-error-code- 0070422 alt=Windows-Firewall-can-change-some-of-your-settings-error-code- 0070422-Windows-10 width=758 height=384 data-ez= data-ezsrc00 0070422-Windows-10.jpg />
This issue occurs before the pop-up message about using the recommended settings in the firewall. In addition to Windows Firewall, some users get the same error message when you enable Windows Defender, as well as other security programs you may be using on your PC.
Technically, it is not possible to activate the firewall with error code 0070422 if the required service is not running. For most users, this is when the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is disabled and not working. Some viruses, malware and outdated operating system files.
How to fix error 0070422 in Windows 10Firewall security settings cannot be changed
To resolve Windows Defender firewall error code 0070422, follow the methods below.
Configuring and enabling background communication service (BITS)
alt=background-intelligence-transfer-maintenance-inwindows-10 enable width=403 height=467 data-ez=data-ezsrc=https://www.windowsdispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Enable-Background-Intelligence-Transfer-Service-BITS-Service-in-Windows-10.jpeg />
Since disabling BITS is one of the main causes of error 0070422, check and enable this setting before trying other solutions.
- Open the service settings by entering services in the search field.
- Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
- You can also press Windows+R on your keyboard and type services.msc.
- In the Services window, locate the Background Smart Data service.
- Make sure the service is stopped or set to Disabled.
- Double-click it and click the General tab in the window that appears.
- Update the service startup type and change it to manual.
- Then click the Start button in the Service Status area to start the Smart Transfer service in the background.
- To save the new settings, click Apply and then OK.
Set the Windows Defender Firewall startup type in Services to automatic
alt=Setup-Windows-Defender-Firewall-Start-Type-to-Automatic width=406 height=468 data-ezsrc=https://www.windowsdispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Set-Windows-Defender-Firewall-Startup-Type-to-Automatic.png />
- In the Services window, navigate to the Windows Defender Firewall service.
- Check the status and start type of this function.
- Right-click on the service and select Properties.
- Then click on the General tab.
- Now set the startup type to Automatic.
- Then click Apply and OK.
- Then click the Start button to restore the Windows Firewall service.
If you can’t change your Windows Defender firewall settings, you can also try updating your version of Windows 10 and Windows Defender. The updates include bug fixes and improvements that fix firewall security vulnerabilities, such as. B. 0070422.
ARE YOU STILL HAVING A PROBLEM? Try this tool to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance safely and automatically.
frequently asked questions
How can I correct error 0070422?
What’s error 0070422?
Windows 7. Windows 7…
How do I solve the problem that Windows Firewall cannot change some settings?
Feedback,error code 0x80070422 windows 10windows firewall error 0x6d9windows firewall error code 0x8007042c windows 10windows firewall service missingwindows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070422 windows 7windows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070424,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070422 windows 7,windows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070424,error code 0x80070422 windows 10,windows firewall missing from services.msc windows 10,windows firewall error 0x6d9,windows firewall can’t change some of your settings error code 0x80070437,windows firewall error code 0x8007042c windows 10,windows firewall service missing