The reasons why websites are blocked on Android may vary from user to user. If you find a website inappropriate or annoying, you can simply block it. There are several ways to block unwanted websites on Android devices. Here are the four main ways to block inappropriate websites,
- Request for blocking websites
- Antivirus application
To block websites on Android from the browser
If you are a regular user of Mozilla Firefox, you can block unwanted websites with the Block Site extension. It can be downloaded in your browser. If you have not downloaded the Firefox application, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
(1) Open the Firefox browser and click on the three-point menu icon in the upper right corner.
(2) Press Addons.
(3) Select Browse recommended Firefox extensions.
(4) Type cubes in the search bar.
(5) In the list of suggestions, select Block Site Complement.
(6) Click the App to Firefox button.
(7) A pop-up message appears on the screen and requires special permission. Press ADD in the message.
(8) Go back to the input screen and select the blocked site extension you just added and select Options.
(9) In the next screen, add the website you want to block.
How do I block a website in Chrome and Firefox with BlockSite?
Besides the addon (Firefox), Blocksite is also available as a standalone application. By installing this application, you can block inappropriate websites in all web browsers installed on your Android device.
(1) Download and install the Blocksite application from the Google Play store.
(2) When you launch the application for the first time, you will be prompted to grant access. Touch Go to Settings-select BlockSite – Enable.
(3) From the Home screen, press the + icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
(4) Add under the web partition the URL you want to block.
(5) Press the icon in the upper right corner of the display.
(6) The URL is now locked in all web browsers installed on your device.
Blockite also offers the possibility to block the entire browser. This is useful if you want your children or other members to no longer have access to the web browsers on your device. However, you must enable password protection for the Blocksite application. Alternatively, the block can easily be removed from the Blocksite application. To block the web browser
(1) Open the application of the lock.
(2) Press the + icon.
(3) Go to Apps and select the browser you want to block.
(4) Once a browser is selected, the device is activated for that specific browser. Repeat the same steps if you want to block other browsers.
How do I block websites on Android with a firewall?
The main disadvantage of the two methods above is that they may not work if you are connected to a Wi-Fi connection. Using a firewall is a good way to block Android websites when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
(1) Download and install the NoRoot Firewall application.
(2) Start the request.
(3) Drag the menu bar from right to left and select GLOBAL FILTERS.
(4) Press + the new pre-filter.
(5) Select the data icon or Wi-Fi icon. Select both icons if you want to block a website for both network connections.
(6) Enter the URL in the address bar and click the down arrow in the login field.
(7) Press the icon with the asterisk (*).
(8) Press OK.
(9) Return to home memory and select Start.
Here’s how. This page is blocked in all browsers. Touch Stop to remove a block.
To block websites with an antivirus application
If you use antivirus programs, an extra layer of protection is added to the block you create. It also protects you against various ransom software, viruses and harmful content on the Internet. Trend Micro Mobile Security & Antivirus is one of the few Android antivirus applications that lets you block unwanted websites. Although the antivirus application is free to download and use, the parental controls and SafeSurfing features are only available with the purchase of the premium version.
(1) Download and install Mobile Security & Antivirus from the Playstore.
(2) Start the application and select Parental Controls.
(3) Enter the password and press the UNLOCK button.
(4) On the next screen, select whether or not to unlock the child lock with your fingerprint.
(5) Navigate to the filter section of the site.
(6) Activate the website filter by placing the cursor next to the corresponding menu.
(7) Several licences are requested in the application. Let them in one at a time.
(8) After you enable these rights, you must log in with your Trend Micro data.
(9) Enter your username and password and click Login. If you haven’t created an account yet, click Create account to create a new one.
(10) After logging in, select the age limit and then press Locked List.
(11) Select Locked list.
(12) Click on Add.
(13) Enter the URL and name in the following screen.
(14) Click on Save.
Here’s how. The page will be blocked in Chrome, Firefox or any other browser you have installed. You will receive the following message when you open this page.
Useful link : Learn how to block websites with the Chrome browser
There are four different ways to block websites on your Android smartphone. The same method can be repeated on other Android devices. Of the four methods, the easiest is to block a website via a browser. You can easily block a website with your browser. If you cannot block the browser, you can use one of the other methods.
Do you know other methods to block annoying websites? Let us know in the comment section. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more information.
how to block website messages on android,blocksite apk,is blocksite safe,how to block websites on google chrome,block reddit on phone,how to block inappropriate websites on iphone,how to block websites on samsung s9,how to block facebook on android,blocksite review,how to block websites on android chrome,android content filter,how to block websites on chrome,how to block websites on samsung galaxy s8,how to block adults websites on uc browser,how to block gmail in chrome,how to block instagram on android,how to block websites even in incognito,android web filter,how to block facebook from my phone,blocksite premium apk,how to block websites on chrome mobile iphone,how to block websites on samsung phone,how to block websites on chrome samsung,how to block a website on uc browser,is blocksite app safe,how to block websites on android without app,how to block inappropriate websites on android,how to block websites on samsung internet,can i block a website on my phone,how to block websites on opera mini android,how to block a website