There are areas where Google faces strong competition, and there is a market for voice assistants for devices where Google Assistant is unmatched. One of the most important features is the ability to start Wizard with your voice in the phrase OK, Google or Hey, Google on your smartphone. However, some users report that the phone does not respond to the Hey, Google voice trigger. We have tried to present a list of feasible solutions below.
Table of Contents :
- Make sure voice access is enabled
- Model for voice transmission
- Language verification
- Check the settings for Google services
- Delete the data and the cache of the Google application.
Why doesn’t Hey Google work on my phone?
Try OK. Google instead of Hey, Google first. For some reason it is better to distinguish this team. If this doesn’t help, check the wizard settings or clear the cache and data from the Google application and reconfigure everything.
1. Make sure voice access is enabled
To access the Google Assistant with your voice, you need to specify two things. First, to confirm that Google is set as the default voice wizard, and second, to enable Hey, Google voice access in the application settings. Also check Settings > Apps > Google app > Permissions and give permission to use the Google Mic.
The first task is useless on standard Android devices because they offer no alternatives. However, most OEM’s offer alternatives (e.g. Bixby on Samsung), which means that you have to choose the standard wizard yourself.
Learn how to select the default voice wizard on your Android device:
- Open the settings.
- Select applications (demand manager or demand management).
- Open all applications.
- Touch the three-point menu and select Standard applications.
- Open the voice wizard.
- Select Google as your default service provider.
Let’s move on to the second option you need to consider. You need to open the Google Wizard settings and make sure that the Hey, Google/OK, Google trigger is enabled. If you are not sure how to proceed, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Google Wizard on the Home screen and tap the Snapchat icon in the lower left corner. Then click on the image of the account to open the settings. You also need to go to Settings > Google > Account Services > Search, Wizard, and Language > Google Assistant.
- Click on Language Combination.
- Make sure the Hey Google option is enabled. Phone .
2. Voice transmission model
If you still cannot access the wizard, you should recycle the voice model. However, there is a small chance that it will not recognize your voice and therefore it will not work. Then go to the next step and check the language settings.
Learn here how to recycle the voice model in your Google wizard:
- Go back to the Google Wizard settings as described above.
- Open Voice-Match.
- Tap Voice Model.
- Click on the template to retrain the language.
- Follow the instructions until a new language contest is established. Phone .
- Try calling the Google Assistant by voice again.
3. Language test
Although Google Wizard currently supports 12 languages, it works best with English (US). Now, we understand it shouldn’t make any difference if you did. B. English (UK) as standard language, but it seems to make a difference.
So, if you use your English assistant, make sure you switch to English (US) and look for improvements. If you are not sure how to proceed, follow these instructions:
- Open the wizard settings again.
- Select the languages.
- Set English (US) as your default language.
- Try launching the Google Assistant with your voice.
If your phone still doesn’t answer Hey Google, try step 5 below.
4. Check the settings for Google services
Recently, Google offered the Trigger Wizard for all headphones when the screen is locked, not just for Pixel Buds. So if the voice activation problem only occurs when using headphones or earphones, you need to enable this option in the settings. Of course, your Bluetooth headset or headset must have a built-in microphone to work.
Find out how to activate Hey Google on any headset or handset:
- Open the settings.
- Click on Google.
- Choose Account Service.
- Select Search, Wizard and Language.
- Enable Bluetooth or wired headsets to access Google Assistant from the lock screen. The query.
5. Delete the data and cache of the Google application
Finally, you can delete all local caches and data from the Google application and reconfigure everything. I hope this will solve the problem. Also don’t forget to set Google as your default language wizard once the data cleaning is complete.
Here is how to clear the data and cache of the Google application on Android:
- Open the settings.
- Select applications.
- Press All Applications.
- Search and open the Google application.
- Ergot memory.
- Press Delete Data.
- Now click on Delete all data.
- Restart the device and try again.
If that doesn’t work, open the Play Store, search Google and click Delete. Updates are therefore removed from the application. Update the application again and try the wizard again.
And that should be enough. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages for more information on correcting/adding articles.
why is google not working on my phone,open assistant settings,why is google not working on my iphone,can't delete voice model,google assistant needs additional downloads,google assistant not working on android tv,ok google not working s10,google voice match not working,go to assistant settings,google assistant won t record voice,can t use google assistant while driving,google voice not working 2020,google voice not working on computer,google voice not working on iphone,set up voice match,why is google not working on my computer,google assistant something went wrong,open popular settings,google assistant voice match not working,google assistant not working android auto,how to enable ok google command,google assistant not working on iphone,google assistant on chinese phones,getting started google assistant,hey google how to set up,ok google on apple watch,hey google turn off google assistant,hey google is not working,turn on ok google,fix ok google,google assistant not working,ok google not working s8,google voice search not working