We have made sure that you get different solutions to this problem, so read on.
Table of contents :
- Clearing cache and data
- Reinstalling the application
- Delete the cache partition
- Install old version via APK
- Restoring the unit to factory settings
- Use Google Drive for the web
Why does Google Drive keep crashing?
Google Drive can crash repeatedly for various reasons. This can happen due to a full cache or locally stored data, leading to slower performance. In addition, the current version of Google Drive may be damaged or contain bugs.
Now we should note that these solutions only apply to standard ROMs. Many Google apps do not integrate with custom ROMs, so keep that in mind. If you’re using a standard ROM and Google Drive often fails, check out the following solutions.
First, close Google Drive in the recently used applications. After that, we recommend that you clear the cache and application data. This should solve some of the problems caused by lots of data stored locally on your device.
Follow these instructions to clear your device’s cache and data:
- Open the settings.
- Select Applications (Application Manager or Application Control).
- Open Google Drive in the application list.
- Open memory.
- First clear the cache, then the data.
- Restart your device.
You can also reinstall the application and proceed from there. If Google Drive is pre-installed as a system application, you can always uninstall the updates and continue working from there. This usually solves an issue related to Google Drive crashing on Android.
Follow the steps below to reinstall Google Drive:
- Outdoor toys store.
- Find the hard drive.
- Uninstall the Google Drive application.
- Reinstall the application and restart the device.
In addition to locally stored cache and data, a corrupted cache partition may cause Android applications to crash. We therefore recommend that you delete the cache. This process is safe, so you don’t have to worry about losing data during the process.
Follow these instructions to clear the cache partition of your Android device:
- Turn your back to your device.
- Press and hold the power button + the volume up button until the MI welcome screen appears. Release the power button and hold down the volume up button.
- If you are in recovery mode, use the volume keys to access the clear partition cache option. Press the On/Off button to confirm the selection.
There may be rare issues with the current version of Google Drive installed on your device. What you can do, other than reinstall the app, is update it to an APK. APK of the old version of Google Drive.
Here’s what you need to do to downgrade Google Drive to an older version:
- Remove Google Drive from your device as described above.
- Please visit this APK mirror page for all versions of Google Drive.
- Download an old APK (preferably not older than 2 months) and give permission to install from third-party sources when prompted.
Finally, if you’ve tried all of the above and Google Drive (or any other application) still fails repeatedly, we recommend performing a system reset to factory settings.
Note that this process will erase all files from the internal memory, so back up everything before proceeding.
Follow the steps below to reset your Android phone to factory settings:
- Open the settings.
- Select the system.
- Open Backup and Reset.
- Select Clear all data (factory reset).
- Press Clear all data and confirm when prompted.
This is not a solution in itself, but rather a workaround. To avoid the obvious drawbacks of Google Drive for Android, you can use the desktop version on your phone or just your PC.
Remember to use incognito mode when accessing Google Drive from a PC browser. This avoids problems with add-ons and browser caching.
On the other hand, if you want to use Google Drive on your Android device, there is a way to trick the system and use the web client instead of the app.
Follow the steps below to use Google Drive for the Web on your Android :
- Open Chrome on your Android device.
- Press the menu with the three dots and check the box Site Desktop.
- Go to Google Drive.
- From there, download the files to your device.
Here ends this post, which we hope is informative. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to let us know in the comments below if these steps helped you.
Editor’s comment: This article was originally published in November 2019. We made sure it was fresh and accurate.
Feedback,google drive keeps crashing iphonegoogle docs keeps crashing androidgoogle drive crashing windows 10google drive keeps crashing macgoogle drive crash moviesorry drive has stopped unexpectedly android,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,google drive keeps crashing iphone,sorry drive has stopped unexpectedly android,google docs keeps crashing android,google drive crashing windows 10,why does my google drive keep crashing on my iphone,why does google drive keep crashing on iphone,google drive keeps crashing mac,google drive crash movie