- Don’t let the fact that Mac notifications can’t be muted bother you.
- The problem of switching on or off does not occur.
- The start-up and shut-down sequence must not be disturbed.
Do Not Disturb lets you minimize distractions so you can focus on important tasks on your Mac. This is a very useful feature that will help you increase your productivity. If the system doesn’t work the way you want it to and the notifications appear too often, you can turn it off. But what if it doesn’t bother, doesn’t work, on a Mac running macOS Big Sur.
In this case, you can follow this detailed guide to understand how to fix the issue without displaying it on your Mac.
Do not disturb Do not work on a Mac
Before you start troubleshooting, it’s important to make sure your Mac is running the latest version of macOS. If you don’t know how to check the latest software version on your Mac, you can do it with this template: Go to System Settings > Software Update.
Restart Notification Center with all steps:
First, try restarting Message Center to see if that helps resolve the Do Not Disturb issue on your Mac. Then follow the steps to restart the notification center:
Using monitor activity
- First, open Activity Monitor on your Mac with this template (Applications > Utilities). You can use the headlight to activate it.
- You can follow the search box to check the notification center.
- Now select the Exit button and press it.
- Now go to the notification center, which will reboot the Mac.
We strongly recommend that you follow the procedure below to use the terminal application:
- Open the Terminal application (Applications > Utilities). You can also use Spotlight to open the application.
- Now enter the following commands and press the Return key.
[email protected] ~ Kill notificationCenter
Check the above command and see if Do Not Disturb works on your Mac or not.
Mac Safe Mode
If your issue is still not resolved, restart your Mac in safe mode to see if it is a DND patch on your Mac:
- Boot your Mac into Safe Mode. Depending on your type of Mac, the process may be different for you: Intel or Apple silicon (M1).
- Intel-based Macs : Turn off your Mac and make sure it’s completely shut down. Next, turn on your Mac and hold down the Shift key until you see the login screen, then log in to your Mac.
- Macs based on the M1 : Turn off your Mac, hold down the power button until you see the startup options. Now select Boot Disk, then hold down the Shift key and select Continue in Safe Mode.
- Once you are in safe mode, test the issue and see if your Mac is suffering from it or not.
- Now exit safe mode and restart your Mac without using any key.
- Now check your problem again.
Final Judgment :
If this recovery guide doesn’t prevent the system from working on a Mac, please share this article with your friends and family who use a Mac and want to learn something new. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below in the comments section.
frequently asked questions
How do I turn off the Do Not Disturb feature on my Mac Big Sur?
Does Big Sur work on the Mac?
You can install MacOS Big Sur on any of these Mac models. … If you are upgrading from macOS Sierra or newer, macOS Big Sur requires 35.5 GB of available memory for the upgrade. Up to 44.5 GB of available memory is required to upgrade from an earlier version of macOS Big Sur.
What is the Do Not Disturb Mac shortcut?
Apple has created a shortcut key to activate Do Not Disturb mode. Just hold down the option key and click on Message Center at the top right of the screen. Automatically turns Do Not Disturb on or off on your Mac.
Feedback,mac do not disturb not working,turn off do not disturb big sur,mac do not disturb timer,how to keep do not disturb on mac,zoom do not disturb mac,mac do not disturb sounds,Privacy settings,How Search works,mac do not disturb always on,mac do not disturb app