It is hard to imagine how life was done without Facebook and its live video feature. Even though it is a social networking site, Facebook has made it possible for us to communicate with our beloved ones like never before. There are many great things that have been done, but there are some problems as well.
Facebook Live is an amazing tool that allows people to broadcast to their friends, family, or the whole world, and viewers can interact with them in real time. However, there are some users who are unable to access Facebook Live using their usual internet connection, and they may be in need of a handy tool that can help them live stream without internet connection. Follow this guide to learn how you can live stream without internet on Facebook Live.
Since 2017, Facebook has been experimenting with different ways to ensure that there are no restrictions on accessing its services in countries with unstable internet connections. One is the ability to watch live video afterwards for people who don’t have a Facebook account and have limited speed.
How is this possible? Actually, it’s a bit relative, because you need an internet connection, but not when you access the video, you choose when to download the footage to watch later.
Don’t worry, here’s the step-by-step explanation of what you need to do and what Facebook is doing to entice you to watch its videos with an internet connection.
What are the benefits of creating an access code for your Facebook Live videos?
What people call an access code is actually a direct link that can be public or private to watch livestreams and various videos posted on this social networking site and reach only the desired people. It’s even possible to set up a feed so that people without Facebook accounts can see the content, but in this case we’re only talking about access when people don’t have internet.
How do people manage to watch videos without the internet? The truth is impossible, but what used to be the case : The platform assumed that you had an internet connection back then to be able to watch videos anytime, anywhere, which is no longer the case. Facebook offers the ability to pre-load videos so you can watch them later at your leisure.
This was a first, as YouTube already allowed users to record videos to watch later, and Facebook had fallen behind in 2016 and 2017 due to the cumbersome nature of its streaming platform. The advantage is that you can be in an area with a Wi-Fi connection, download the video and play it later when the phone is in airplane mode or there are no data packets available at that time.
Learn step by step how to create an access code for your videos that can be used by users without internet connection
There are steps you need to take as an administrator and other steps users need to take. We’ll let you list all these steps and make sure more people have access to your live content:
If you are the administrator of your fan page, you must do the following to create an access code:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to Start from your FanPage.
- Look for Publishing Tools in the leftmost corner and click on it.
- Now go to the Video section and the page will take you to the Creator Studio platform.
- Select the option Create, this has a green button.
- Select the Transfer Live option and you will see the new interface.
- It is better for people to work with scheduled broadcasts. So choose live video event programming.
- Select Next in the lower left corner.
- Fill in the fields for the date and time of the transfer, and you will also be asked for a title and a short description.
- When you’re done, leave the privacy setting on Public.
- Although you can already see the URL of the page, we want you to see the URL of the message. You need to run a scheduled event to make the link appear, which is already shared.
This link allows subscribers with unreliable connections to schedule the broadcast to a location where they can watch it, and where they can download it when the live broadcast ends. Experts recommend planning all your shows to grab people’s attention and take the time to interact with you – with more impact.
As a follower
So you have already taken the most important step to get your video seen everywhere despite a very slow or non-existent connection. There are now recommendations and tips for users who also want access to the shows you often make.
- After the transfer, open the Facebook application and open the link you already saved.
- You go straight to the living room and stay there for a while.
- If you cannot see the live broadcast, try reducing the playback quality.
- If that doesn’t work, find a place with a Wi-Fi connection and reopen the link.
- Facebook automatically downloads the broadcast content to your phone’s cache.
- After waiting a few minutes, the video will be available for you to watch later.
- Do not close the application to avoid losing information.
End of current
Generally, these steps work best when the video broadcast is completed and saved to the fan page for later playback by followers. So it’s best to enter the link an hour or two after watching the video.
Follow the steps below to do this:
- Sign in to the Facebook application using the link you saved earlier.
- Play the video in the quality you want.
- Set the Save Video option in the settings.
- Wait a few minutes for the material to load.
- You can now watch the program at another time.
- You can minimize the application, let it run in the background, but not close it.
- Remember to clear your phone’s cache after watching the video to avoid crashes.
As you can see, you still need an alternative internet connection, but this time you choose the best time and have that material on hand to watch whenever you want.
Third party applications
Once the transfer is complete, the video can be saved as another video on Facebook’s servers. This is where well-known third-party applications come in handy, allowing you to quickly upload videos to any platform. While many do not support this technological behemoth, they do offer fast and inexpensive alternatives to transfer your most popular videos to your computer or smartphone.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will answer you as soon as possible, and this will also be useful for other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Mario Jose
I have a degree in journalism, specializing in investigative journalism, searching for the truth in everything. From now on he will focus 100% on the themes technology, IT and Internet.
You may also be interested in:
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the video format guidelines for live streaming on Facebook?
The video format guidelines for live streaming on Facebook are: Video must be in .mp4 format. Video must be at least 720p resolution. Video must have a frame rate of 30 frames per second. Video must be uploaded in the H.264 codec. The video format guidelines for live streaming on Facebook are: Video must be in .mp4 format. Video must be at least 720p resolution. Video must have a frame rate of 30 frames per second. Video must be uploaded in the H.264 codec.
How do you go live on Facebook 2021?
Can you upload a prerecorded video to Facebook live?
Yes, you can upload a prerecorded video to Facebook live.
facebook live tips 2020facebook live comment settingshow to go live on facebook pagehow to watch facebook livefacebook live stream settingsfacebook live video,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,facebook live tips 2020,facebook live comment settings,how to go live on facebook page,how to watch facebook live,facebook live stream settings,facebook live video,facebook live producer,facebook live event