A few weeks ago, we published our Facebook Live guide for Apple’s MacOS. Now, we have another piece of news for Windows users: Facebook Live has officially arrived on Windows 10 PCs. You won’t need to download an app from the Windows Store to get started; just visit the Video tab in the Windows 10 (or Windows 10 Mobile) app, and Facebook Live will appear at the top of the list.
Facebook Live is the coolest new way to create, broadcast, and share videos. With this feature, you can stream at any time, no more waiting for “buffering” or waiting for the app to load. However, Facebook Live can only be used on iOS and Android devices. In this article, we will show you how to broadcast videos on Microsoft Windows and MacOS.
Now that Facebook Live has a presence on Windows and MacOS, you can now broadcast live video directly on your Windows or MacOS-based device. This means that you can not only broadcast live video on your iPhone or Android but also on your computer. This guide will not only show you how to broadcast on your Windows and MacOS computer but also give you the necessary steps to broadcast on your iPhone and Android using Facebook Live.. Read more about facebook live stream settings and let us know what you think.
Using Facebook Live for live broadcasts is no longer a complicated or exclusive experience, thanks to Facebook’s continued development of tools that are accessible to end users, those who turn on their computer and want to complete activities in a few simple steps.
Because Facebook Live attracts both these types of consumers as well as gamers and huge companies, it now allows users to make live videos from their desktops, giving them more options.
This is a completely free service, though it does include a link to help you become a professional videographer and create more eye-catching videos using third-party software.
What are the advantages of utilizing Facebook Live on your computer?
Facebook live streaming were only available for Android and iOS devices in 2016, but the company opted to expand the feature to Windows and MacOS the following year.
The following are the advantages of this drastic change:
- Older native tools: Without a doubt, you will have access to a big number of alternatives from the Facebook website, such as publishing on many pages, better managing comments, and conducting intricate surveys, which you would not be able to perform as readily on a mobile phone.
- Better image quality: Connecting to the internet via Wi-Fi on a mobile phone is not the same as connecting to the internet via a network cable. The connection and video quality will always improve, smoothing down and sharpening the image.
- You have a larger number of cameras: Whether you want to demonstrate what you’re doing with the phone, a webcam, or your computer screen, no phone, no matter how smart, can accomplish all of this at the same time.
- Third-party support: You can utilize third-party applications to properly setup live broadcasts, employ professional cameras and microphones, use multiple views, and add special effects in real time. It’s as if you’ve turned your life into a TV show.
- You can assign tasks: while you’re doing the broadcast, someone else can manage the computer comments, invite new people, and take surveys, all while you’re doing it. Delegating responsibilities to others becomes difficult with telephones.
- Large organizations love to show off to their fans, which is why it is better for them to go for transmissions through life from computers, as they will have access to an infinite number of options that will make each transmission professional.
Learn how to install FB Live from the ground up on your Windows or MacOS computer.
The first thing to understand is that it is not a program that you install on your computer; all of Facebook Live’s features are available online. You can find them on the social network’s website. On mobile devices, you may get it by installing the free Facebook app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
The following are the requirements:
- You should have a Facebook account.
- Choose from an individual profile, a fan page, or a group to stream from.
- Become the account’s administrator or editor.
- Have a reliable internet connection.
- Have a webcam on hand.
- Keep your favourite browser up to date.
- To develop, you’ll need good material.
We’ll show you how to start a Facebook Live broadcast from your desktop device step by step.
We’ll approach this part as if it were a person with a profile account, which is the most common type of Facebook account.
If it’s a broadcast on a Fan Page, there are a few minor differences:
Consider what you want to talk about, what your interests are for making the video, and whether or not that topic will be of interest to others before making your first broadcast. Although you are allowed to talk about whatever you like, the goal is to catch a large number of individuals from the start.
You must be presentable, pleasant to the sight, have a positive attitude, and be willing to answer inquiries that can be awkward at times. Find a quiet, tranquil area where you can prevent noise filtering in the transmission. Try using headphones with a built-in microphone; you’ll notice that the video quality improves.
Make your first live performance.
After ensuring that you have a stable internet connection, go to the Facebook website and follow the steps below:
- Look for the location where you publish your entries in the “News” section.
- Choose “Live video,” which has a video camera emblem.
- Facebook will direct you to the “Live Producer” area.
- In this part, you can choose between the new and old interfaces; they are always experimenting with new alternatives.
- Choose the camera you want to use in the central and lower sections before deciding whether to broadcast live. You shouldn’t do anything if you only have one.
- Fill in the “Qualification” and “Description” columns.
- Mark the location where you want your video to appear: your personal account, a Fan Page, or a group to which you belong.
- The option “Stream now” should be branded.
- Brand “End live video” whenever you want to stop streaming.
- You can decide later whether to keep it or erase it entirely.
Add another app to the mix.
As previously said, you can become a pro by installing and integrating a third-party tool such as OBS Studio, which allows you to make additional settings such as using several cameras:
- Install the app from https://obsproject.com/es, the app’s official website.
- Start the app and keep it running.
- Go to the “Facebook Live Producer” section.
- Find and tap the “Use stream key” button.
- You must copy and paste the data “Server URL” and “Stream key” into OBS Studio.
- As a result, the app is linked to Facebook.
- The program you loaded on your computer now allows you to control the entire transmission.
Make a broadcast appointment.
Facebook It also allows you to schedule a live video and notify users that you will be doing so.
Send them three reminders to make sure they’re paying attention to your life:
- Go to the “Live Producer” section.
- Rather than going live, select “Schedule Live Video Event.”
- It will prompt you to enter information such as the “Name of the Event.”
- Change the video’s “Start date” and “Start time.”
- “Next” is a brand.
- You can include a “Cover photo” in your document.
- “Create event” completes the settings.
You can change or delete this event at any time; it is entirely customisable so that you have complete control over the tool.
If you have any questions, please post them in the comments section; we will respond as quickly as possible, and it will also benefit other members of the community. Thank you!
Mario José is the author of this piece.
I’m a journalism graduate with a focus on investigation, and I’m always looking for the truth. Now, everything I do revolves on technology, computing, and the Internet.
You might be interested in the following:
Facebook is a great social media site, which has gradually become more and more popular over the years. There are reasons why it is so popular; it is available for all web browsers (including mobile), it has a wide variety of features and a good range of privacy controls. There are lots of reasons to like Facebook, but one thing that you will probably dislike is that Facebook is not available on your Mac, or your iPhone.. Read more about how to watch facebook live and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you go live on Facebook 2021?
You can go live on Facebook by clicking the Live button in the top right corner of your screen.
How do I get Facebook live on my desktop?
Facebook live is not available on desktop.
Why wont Facebook Live work on my Mac?
Facebook Live is not currently compatible with Macs.