It is then useful to know what the ideal internet speed is for streaming live video in HD quality. This information can be found in the following chapters.
But that’s not all, you also need to keep in mind that users are demanding higher and higher broadcast quality, so we’ll show you how to quickly enable HD in your Facebook Live stream.
Learn step by step how to enable HD quality when streaming Facebook Live videos on anydevice.
Technological advances have made Internet users accustomed to receiving sophisticated audiovisual content, such as high-quality video and live broadcasts. This is because high definition provides a better user experience and allows for clearer, more realistic images. Facebook has understood this trend and the demand from users, which is why, among other things, it makes fast and easy HD streaming possible.
However, keep in mind that the basic quality referenced in social media is 720p at 30 frames per second, so there are no pauses or life interruptions. This is a real advantage if your internet connection is not as fast as you would like. However, if you want to broadcast in FHD 1080p at 60 frames per second, for example, you should join Level Up on Facebook. This program is exclusive to online game developers in certain countries.
With this affiliate program you can make money with your live feeds, earn stars, get a badge and much more. If you take advantage of this, you will connect with your audience faster and as a result, the fan page will grow. You must be of age and have 100 followers on the fan page to enter. If you are interested in the other requirements, you can view the full list at the URL https://www.facebook.com/fbgaminghome/creators/levelup?locale=es_LA.
So at 1080p, FB is looking at HD streaming. Therefore, you need to learn how to enable HD quality (via the Facebook link) in the video you want to broadcast from FB Live. The best part is that it is not difficult at all, it can be done quickly from a tablet, smartphone or computer with any operating system.
This requires the use of an external tool such as Live Producer (professional broadcasting platform) and gives the expected results. You can also use XSplit or learn how to do so in OBS or Streamlabs. Therefore, we will show you step by step what to do on the different devices.
Let’s take a look below:
With an Android mobile, you need to do this process:
- The first thing you need to do is to find, download and install the Streamlabs application from the Play Store.
- Later Login to Streamlabs with your Facebook account. This means you need to click the Connect with Facebook button.
- Next, you need to note the URL and key of the stream you took earlier in the Live Producer panel in the Y Connect startup broadcast.
- Then you can already see the preview in the tool on your mobile phone, even if you haven’t started the transfer yet.
- Then click on the menu in the top left corner.
- Under Options, select Settings, then Broadcast Tool.
- Now select Output Resolution and choose 720p or 1080p resolution.
- You can also change the number of frames per second in the Expected Image option by setting 30 or 60 frames per second, whichever you prefer.
- Start streaming on FB as usual and you will see that the HD function is activated.
There are several factors to consider when choosing the resolution level and the emission rate. This includes both the download speed and the resolution supported by your mobile phone. These conditions are automatically detected by the streaming program.
At the same time, the procedure on iPhone devices is the same as on Android. For example, to use Streamlabs, you will need IOS 11.0 or higher. It can be downloaded for free from the App Store. If you want to use XSplit, you need to download it from the Store.
Perform the following steps:
- Open the menu on the right side of the screen.
- Navigate to the Send option.
- Select Add Channel….
- When the Broadcast Plug-ins Store screen opens, select Facebook.
- Then click on Install.
- Add your Facebook profile on the Channel Setup Wizard screen and press Accept.
- The social network will ask you if you really want to allow XSplit to broadcast the video, so you should click Allow.
- Then click Next.
- After a few minutes, a new window will open where you need to select the type of resolution and the type of attachments you want to use. When you are finished, click Finish.
- If you want to broadcast live, you need to go to the emulation options menu and select the name of the channel you just created.
Remember that you must have a tag on your Game Video Creator page to be connected to Level UP. In addition, an encryption platform (paid or free) must be used, as in the case of mobile operating systems. But it is easier to set the HD quality from your computer.
Discover how to choose a high resolution step by step with OBS :
- Go to Facebook and sign up.
- You will also need to connect to your preferred broadcast platform, in this case OBS. Go to https://obsproject.com/es and download the software that fits your operating system.
- Now navigate to the Start Transfer tool on the fan page and click the Connect button.
- This section gives you the URL and key for the feed you need to place in the OBS.
- Once your FB and OBS are paired, go to Settings on the gear below.
- Under Video, you can select the output resolution or output.
- Choose between 1280 x 720p or 1920 x 1080p.
- Then you can start broadcasting with the assurance that it will be done in high definition.
The preview of your live 1080p stream may not look as good, but viewers will be able to see it in higher HD quality. A cog icon should appear in the right corner of the FB feed. Here you can also change the resolution during the video, and it also shows if HD quality is enabled.
What is the ideal internet speed for streaming live HD video?
You already know where to go to make your livestreams look clear, but that’s not enough to achieve your goal satisfactorily. You should now be able to see the bandwidth and browsing speed. But why is it important to take into account the speed of loading or unloading? Along with frames per second or resolution, this is an indispensable factor. The loading speed of your network is critical to your ability to deliver high-quality live broadcasts.
For example, for a 1280 x 720p resolution, you need at least 2.5 to 5 Mbps upstream. Of course, this is the outer limit. It can vary depending on many factors. For example, the type of content being broadcast, video games, tutorials or just live communication. On the other hand, if you’re taking what Zuckerberg’s social network now considers HD (which is actually FHD), then you should be streaming in 1080p. The video quality is quite good and at 60 frames per second it will be excellent.
However, you need to have 5-8 Mbps or more if you don’t want to lose your followers to outages and transmission interruptions. Especially for game videos, it’s a good idea to test for straightness beforehand. Although the same determines the bandwidth of the load you have reduced. If you cross that line, you have little chance of living with dignity. Take the test right now and activate HD quality on FB Live.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will respond as soon as possible and this will be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Felix Albornos
I have been working in the technology industry for over 20 years, helping companies and users grow and learn in the workplace. I always learn something new.
You may also be interested in:
frequently asked questions
How do I turn on 1080p with Facebook Live?
How do I change the quality of the video on Facebook Live?
faq ‘ 41005-set-the-standard-video-quality…
How do I get high quality with Facebook Live?
facebook live stream settingsfacebook live stream only 360pfacebook live hd settingsfacebook live stream blurryfacebook live settingsfacebook live streaming software,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,facebook live stream settings,facebook live stream only 360p,facebook live hd settings,facebook live stream blurry,facebook live settings,facebook live video quality settings android,facebook live streaming software,how to get 1080p on facebook live