Skype is a platform that positions itself in the digital environment with its calling and video services. However, it can also be used to exchange messages.
This means you can exchange instant messages online with anyone in the world. Without a doubt, it’s a great way to stay in touch with other people, and you don’t even need a cell phone to do it.
This post will provide you with all the information you need to know about Skype Messaging. What are they, what do they do and how can I manage them in my Skype account? That way, you will become an expert and be able to use this tool to its full potential.
What are Skype Messages and what are they used for on the platform?
Skype messaging is a service that allows you to contact anyone in the world without having to use your mobile phone. You just need to connect to the platform with your account and that’s it. Next, you need to select the people you want to add to your contact list.
Once they accept the request, you can exchange all kinds of messages, files, documents, etc. with them. One aspect that is highly appreciated by the users of this service is that the content is sent immediately. This means that there is no delay in the communication process. Next, we’ll take a closer look at what you can do with your Skype messages.
Skype chat commands What are the commands and how do I use them when sending messages to other people?
Chat commands are tools that allow the user to command certain actions within the platform. In this sense, you can use Skype chat commands to perform various actions. If you want to know what options are available, just type /help in the chat.
When you chat with someone, only the relevant chat options are displayed. However, if you are in a chat room with two or more people, typing /help It will open a much larger list of available commands.
However, we will provide a list of all the chat commands available in Skype and what they do:
- /I [text]: Any text you enter will be displayed after your name. For example, /me trabajando en la oficiina causes the phrase working in the office to appear next to your name in the chat. Ideal to inform you about your activities or your current status.
- / [título], [opción1], [opción2], [opción3] : Create a poll to share in the chat. You should write your question with a comma and then separate the options with commas.
- / leave: leave the current newsgroup.
- / Show members : shows all current members of the chat with their role number.
- / Control [Number of Skype] [Administration/Usuario]: allows you to define a role for each participant in the chat. The administrator is in charge of the chat, which means they can add or remove members, configure the chat settings and much more. The user, on the other hand, can send messages and participate in conversations. At first, all participants in the chat are administrators.
- / golive : Start a group chat with other chat participants.
- / clearmru : Delete the list of recently used personal prints.
- /version : Displays the current version of Skype that you are using.
- / Recipient [Nombre del emoticono] : Add a reply to the message selector. For example, the team adds a similar emoticon to the answer.
- / Add Reactions [Nombre del emoticono]: Adds comments to the comment selection of the message.
- / remonstrate [Nombre del emoticono] : Delete the comment from the message’s comment selection.
- / response [Name of emoticono] : Delete the comments from the message’s comment selection.
- / Resetting Responses : resets the responses to their default settings.
- / kickban [Usuario de Skype] : Ban participants from the chat and prevent them from returning to the moderated chat. This means that the exclusion is permanent.
- / getbanlist: shows all banned people in the moderated chat.
- / setbanlist [(+) |-] [Usuario de Skype] : Determine which participants are blocked in the moderated chat.
Step-by-step management of messages from your Skype account across all devices.
As you can see, messages on Skype allow you to communicate effectively within the platform. It should be noted that there are different ways to manage them.
In the following guide, we’ll take you step-by-step through managing messages on your Skype account:
Beginning of cat
To chat with Skype, find and click on a contact. Once the chat window is open, all you have to do is write the message you want and send it.
But if it’s someone you haven’t added yet, you can invite them to chat as follows:
- Click on your Skype profile picture.
- Choose from your Skype profile.
- Click on Share profile.
- In the Share and Connect window, you can: Copy to clipboard (to have a link to the chat) or email (to send the link by email).
- Once the other person has accepted this, the conversation can begin.
Note that when you delete a sent chat message, it will be deleted for all users of the chat. Therefore, no one will be able to see it.
You should also note that you can only delete a message that you have sent yourself, i.e. you cannot delete a message sent by another user:
- On the cell phone: Hold the message and then press Disconnect.
- On the PC: Right-click on the message, and then click Defer.
- Find the sent message you want to edit.
- Right click on it.
- Call up the Edit menu.
- In the chat window, make the desired change to the message.
- Press Send and the updated message will appear in the call. Note that changed messages have a pencil icon.
- Enter the chat room whenever you want.
- Write/key the action you want to perform in the text box.
- Select the command you want to use and you’re done.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the channel you want to remove.
- Right-click and select Delete Channel.
- Confirm the operation.
Add bookmark to message.
- Call in the chats.
- Select a channel with messages that you want to mark.
- Press and hold (mobile) or right-click (computer) on a text, link or media file that interests you.
- Click on the Add a bookmark menu. A bookmark icon appears along with the message confirming the operation.
Sending emoticons and custom emoticons
- Enter the chat or contact to which you want to send the smiley.
- In the chat window, select the emoji icon with a happy face.
- Click the Send button to share it.
Search for a specific message.
- Log into the Skype chat
- Click the Search button, which has a magnifying glass icon in the chat header.
- Type the word or phrase you are looking for into the search field. The results are displayed automatically, starting with the most recent result.
Transfer to other users
- Go to the Chat tab.
- Select the person or group you want to transfer.
- Right-click or hold the message.
- Click Resend in the menu.
- Send it to another chat room that interests you.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and it will certainly be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Patricia Jimenez
Graduate in social communications with extensive experience as a content writer and author, passionate about Apple products, macOS, iPhone….
You may also be interested in:
download skype,skype update,skype call reactions,skype custom reactions,skype for business emoticons,skype emoji reaction,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,skype customize reactions,skype together mode