If you haven’t used Telegram yet, then you are missing out on a great messaging app. Telegram is a very popular messaging app and is very easy to use and fun to use. You can use this app to talk with your friends, family, and even strangers. Telegram lets you create groups with friends and family and it also has a voice chat feature like Skype. You can also send secret messages to your friends.
Telegram protocol enables users to share the location of their phone and receive location updates from others. The location can be shared with contacts, but it is also possible to broadcast it publicly. In this guide, you will learn how to share the location of your phone with other people. Then, you can check the location of other users to see where they are.There is a simple way to share your location in real time in Telegram conversations and groups. To do this, you need to pay attention to all the details we show you below so you don’t make a mistake. To make you a true expert in using Telegram, we’re going to explain how to share your location in conversations with Telegram channels and groups from the start, no matter what device you’re using. Finally, we will detail what you need to do to capture your location in each call. Check out this post!
Learn step-by-step how to share your location in Telegram conversations, channels, and groups from any device
If you want to share your location with your friends, family or colleagues via Telegram from any device, you need to do it step by step to avoid mistakes. Let’s go:
Open the Telegram mobile app for Android and follow these instructions:
- Once you are on the home page, you need to find the chat room or user you want to share your location with. To do this, scroll down until you find the direct messages, or use the magnifying glass at the top to write the person’s name.
- Once you find the right user, you need to enter the chat and go to the bottom field of the message window. In this section, you will find an image of a paper clip that you need to click.
- In the previous step, a menu with different icons is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Look for the green Location column. If you find it, click on it.
- You have two choices: send your current location or choose to send your location in real time. This last alternative is necessary so that the other person knows where you are with the period you indicate on the platform.
- If you select the Real-time location option, a box appears to indicate that Telegram can access your location for the entire period you specify, even if the application is in the background. If you agree, click OK.
- When you want to send your location for the first time, you need to specify the necessary permissions that Telegram needs.
- Finally, you need to set the time that another user can see your exact location. Choose one of the three available options and select SHARE.
On an iPhone or iPad mobile phone, to share your location in conversations.
- Open the Telegram application for ios.
- Then find the contact, group, or channel you want to share your location with via a message.
- Once you find it, you need to go to the bottom of the label box and select the Add icon. This function is represented by a paper clip.
- When the menu appears, select the tool to send your current position or the live position. As with Android, you need to give Telegram the necessary permissions Yes, this is the first time you are sending your location.
- After completing the above steps, you need to select the time period in which you want to share your location if you want to use the real-time feature.
Another solution is to choose a place close to you to show others the exact location. To use this option, scroll the screen until you find the desired position.
on PC and Telegram Web
Currently, it is not possible to share someone’s living space or current location through the platform. All you can do when using these Telegram clients is connect to Google Maps, find your current location, and then copy the geographic coordinates to send via Telegram messages.
Learn how to pin your location to the top of a Telegram group or conversation
If you want your Telegram community to grow, or if you want to constantly display a location in a private conversation, you can set the desired location at the top of the conversation panel. To do this, you must perform the following steps:
Calling a group or private chat
First you need to go to the personal or group chat room you want to share the site with. Remember, you can do this by browsing your current conversations or by using the magnifying glass at the top of the screen. Once you have found the right cat or group, you need to select it by clicking on it.
Share your location
Once you are in the chat room, you need to set a location. You can do it in real time or at a fixed location. To do this, follow the steps above. In other words, you click on the clip in the lower area, select the location (and possibly the time) and send the message.
For this step, you need to consider the operating system of your mobile device. If you have an Android, the location retention time is very short, while on an iPhone you have to touch the screen for a longer time to find the location. To clarify: If you have a location, click outside the location (remember to save the correct time based on your operating system) until a small window appears. In this section, select Pin up Y clever! and finally, indicate whether you would like to share this location with others. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will answer you as soon as possible, and this will also be useful for other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Felix Albornoz
I have been working in the technology industry for over 20 years, helping companies and users grow and learn in the workplace. I always learn something new.