While this is true, Telegram is currently one of the most relevant instant messaging applications in the digital world. Because in a short period of time and thanks to the updates, we’ve managed to reinvent ourselves at a level that surpasses services like WhatsApp in many ways.
That is why many people prefer this platform for constant communication with family, friends and colleagues. However, for some reason they will probably not use the telegram for a while.
These users are therefore concerned about what happens to their data during this period, particularly because of the hidden risks of them falling into the hands of third parties. However, this can be avoided by using the self-destruct function of the Telegram, which we will teach you to use here.
What happens to my data if I don’t use my Telegram account for a while?
By default, the telegram starts automatically unless you explicitly avoid it. This makes it difficult to consider your account inactive for a long period of time. So, if you have an application installed, there is not much risk of losing your files and/or the data stored in it.
However, if you are one of those reluctant users who occasionally try the application and even decide to delete it, things are different. In fact, the service indicates that it regularly needs to delete the files of the most inactive accounts in order to have the necessary storage space for the history of its users.
If you do not use your Telegrama account for a longer period of time, your files posted in the application will be permanently deleted. That means all your messages, photos, audio, video, documents, contacts and all other information stored on the servers of this platform. If you then login again, pretend to be a new user (all your contacts will be notified in due course).
In the meantime, the groups you create are the only items that remain in your Telegrama account when they are not active:
Are they also erased in other people’s cats?
That said, you will probably wonder if the files you have shared with other Telegram users will also be removed from their chats if your account remains inactive. Those who, like groups, have remained intact can also be preserved in the stories of others.
This is because these items are only deleted from your account and your backups, unlike chat receivers who can still see old messages whether the sender’s account has expired or not. This means that your files cannot be deleted in other people’s chats.
Step-by-step guide for setting the self-destruct time of your telegraph account on anydevice.
Of course, most services have an expiration date for each of their accounts, as in the case of WhatsApp. For this reason, this application deletes accounts that have not been used for 45 consecutive days and especially if the corresponding phone number has been activated on another computer.
In this sense, Telegram also manages account expiration dates, but this platform differs from the others in that it gives the user more control over the life of his or her account.
If the duration is not arbitrary, everyone has the opportunity to choose the downtime they need. This option is in turn made possible by the self-destruct function of the telegram. This allows any user to configure and/or modify the self-destruct or expiration of their account directly from any device.
That is why we present here each of the procedures to be followed to succeed with the mobile application and with the desktop version :
If you want to determine when your Telegraph account and all content stored in the cloud will disappear completely from your Android phone or tablet.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Of course, you first need to access your Telegram account via an Android compatible mobile application.
- Then go to the top left corner of the homepage and click on the icon with the three horizontal lines there.
- Then click Settings in the full list of options.
- Now, starting with Settings, press Privacy and Security.
- Then locate the Manage Sessions section on Other Devices and there, under Delete My Account, select the expiration time in the Account Self-Destruction window. Either 1 month, 3 months, 6 months (enabled by default) or 1 year.
- When you finally select the desired time, it is automatically saved in your account settings.
In the case of the iPhone and iPad, the process for the Telegram application is very similar to that of Android, where you need to set a time interval for the self-destruction of your account.
You should therefore follow the step-by-step instructions given here:
- Start charging your Telegram account with an iOS-compatible mobile application.
- Second: Click on the icon with the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the main window.
- Then you need to select the Settings option.
- Later on it is time to address the issue of privacy and security through the parameters.
- Then under Privacy and Security, search the Delete your account section and click When I’m not around to choose when to have your account destroyed (1 month, 3 months, 6 months or a year).
- Finally, when you have selected the desired time interval, click Save and that’s it.
On PC and MacOS
If you prefer to manage your Telegrama account from your computer (Windows or MacOS) and set or configure a self-destruct time from there, you also have the option to do so easily.
In this case, proceed step by step:
- First you need to log in to your Telegram account via the platform desktop application. You can get this version for free on the official website.
- Then click on the icon with the three horizontal lines. It’s in the top left corner.
- Once you’ve seen the main menu in the left bar, it’s time to select the Settings option.
- Third in the list you will now find the Privacy and Security section, which you must select to access this section.
- Then go to the bottom of the new menu and go to the Delete my account section. In the latter case, click when I’m not there…. and indicate when you want your account deleted.
- To finally save the setting you made, just click Save.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will contact you as soon as possible and that will certainly be a great help to more members of the community. Thank you so much!
Maybe you are also interested in :
1.Go to the Telegram Deactivation Page on a web browser of your choice. You can use both mobile and desktop browsers – whichever is more convenient for you.2.Enter a phone number you’ve signed up with to Telegram and click Next. Important: make sure to type your number in the international format: +(country code …3.If you have entered your phone number correctly, you will receive a message in your Telegram app (not SMS) with a confirmation code. Now head back to the Deactivation Page opened in your browser, enter the received code to the respective field, and hit the Sign In button.,1.Go to the Telegram Deactivation Page on a web browser of your choice. You can use both mobile and desktop browsers – whichever is more convenient for you.,2.Enter a phone number you’ve signed up with to Telegram and click Next. Important: make sure to type your number in the international format: +(country code …,3.If you have entered your phone number correctly, you will receive a message in your Telegram app (not SMS) with a confirmation code. Now head back to the Deactivation Page opened in your browser, enter the received code to the respective field, and hit the Sign In button.