Know how to use mentions and feedback in the Slack workspace. They help you organize tasks within the group and better manage communication. To do this, you need to know what this tool is used for within the platform.
You’ll find this information below, where we’ll also teach you the steps needed to report to Slack easily and in any workspace.
Note that we will be talking about how to reply to a message in Slack and add momentum to your conversations. See what we have in store for you.
What are references and feedback in Slack and what are they for?
To effectively organize communication within a workgroup, it is important that all members of the Slack channel or workspace are aware of each other’s requests. It is also important to remember that to lead conversations effectively, it is important to get the attention of a person or a group quickly and easily.
To accomplish this goal, Slack created Mentions and Reactions. These are native features of the platform that allow you to inform the user, the channel and the Slack bot about a specific topic. This tool is also used to show other members that such a user (and not another, even if they have the same name) is the one being called in a particular situation. Each time a person is mentioned, they receive a notification from the platform, so you can’t ignore the message.
Learn step-by-step how to easily report the inactivity section at work
To get the most out of the Slack platform, below are some tips you need to know to get the attention of others.
If you want to quote a specific user, you have to do it step by step:
- Log into Slack Y and find the channel where the person you want to mention is located.
- Then go to the scoreboard. At the bottom of the screen.
- Start writing what you want, and when the user is notified, you should write to (@).
- The previous step displays a pop-up menu that lists all the members of this group.
- Select the person to whom you want to send the notification.
- Finally, press the Enter key to send the message.
If you can’t find a user by sight, start typing in their name to apply an automatic filter so you see the person you’re looking for faster. This will also help you choose between two or more members with similar names.
What you did in the previous step allows the platform to send a notification to one member of the channel, but if you want to notify all members of the channel, you’ll have to use another way to notify them.
We will show you below:
- Log in to the Slack platform, then go to the home screen.
- In the left menu bar you will find a list of all available channels. Select the desired item by clicking on it.
- Then start writing the message, writing to (@). This action will bring you to a menu where you have to select the option @Channel Notify everyone on this channel.
If you want all users who are active when you send the message to receive a notification, you must select the command @ Send notification to all members of this channel who are connected here.
Specify the bottle
A big advantage is that you can mention the channel bot, which will help you better organize the tasks of your work team.
To perform this action, follow the instructions below:
- When you open your Slack profile, you should go to the left side of the screen.
- Next you need to find the channel in which you want to notify the robot.
- Type (@) in the message line to display the menu. Then choose a robot to mention and write on.
Learn how to respond to the message under dullness and sharpness incalls.
So far we’ve talked about how to quote a member on Slack, but we haven’t said anything about how to proceed when it comes to us. Namely, when a user puts our name before the @. there are several ways to reply before the message you were told.
You have alternatives:
- Continue the message chain by choosing an emoticon. To do this, you need to log into the channel and then click on the emoji icon below the message bar. When the menu opens, you can choose the desired image and click the Add Smiley button.
- Create a conversation thread. When someone speaks to you, you need to move the message with the mouse or hold your finger (if you are using a mobile phone), and then select the responses in the conversation thread (displayed by the conversation).
- You can reply with a new reference. To do this, you need to follow the whole process that we have already explained to you.
- You will then be given the option to share or save the message. You can also respond by creating an event with a message or forwarding it to someone else. All these functions appear when you activate the call popup menu and press the Actions button (the icon with the three dots).
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will reply to you as soon as possible and this will also be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Mario Jose
As a journalist specializing in investigative journalism, I look for the truth in everything. Today he is 100% focused on technology, computers and the internet.
You may also be interested in:
frequently asked questions
How do you say lethargic?
Mentioning someone in a message Tap the icon while writing a message. Enter the user name or select one of the members from the list. You can repeat this step for each person you want to mention in your message. Send your message.
What does everyone do when they have nothing to do?
@all notifies everyone in the #commonchannel, @channel notifies all members of the channel, and @never notifies only active members of the channel. These entries will not be notified if their notifications are suspended or if they are used in feeds.
How do hashtags work in times of crisis?
#hashtags – Slack conversations are organized into channels that use hashtags. You can also add hashtags to posts and then search on the same hashtag to get a full view of all relevant content. It’s a fun and easy way to organize information – and it works.
slack reactions list,mentions in slack,slack reactions meaning,slack mention channel,slack mention group,slack search mentions,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,slack reaction timestamp,slack tags