If, in addition, constant communication with other colleagues is possible within the group, the work objectives of the company or project in question can be realistically achieved. The time was right, Slack went for it.
Slack is a powerful communication tool that facilitates work between a large number of people. This means that all activities can be carried out from one location. It is in this spirit that we want to talk to you in this post about the benefits of using Slack for your business.
What are the benefits of working with Slack in your team or company?
First, it should be noted that the messaging platform is channel-based. You can work with them and have all the information you need at your fingertips. You can also use other external tools or applications built into Slack, such as Dropbox, Skype, Twitter, etc., to help you get the most out of your Slack. If you’re still not convinced to take the plunge and join Slack, we’ll let you know the key benefits of using Slack for your team or business.
Note to self:
- On each channel, you can bring your team together to engage in anything related to the project, topic, debate, etc.
- Make voice and video calls to improve the quality of communication.
- Work with partners through the specific channels you create for them.
- you can connect over 2,200 applications to Slack.
- Create your own workflows and save a lot of time this way.
- Integration of internal tools via the Slack API.
- Set operating hours to avoid receiving notifications at inappropriate times.
- Speed up the connection.
- Friendly atmosphere and ease of use.
Tips and tricks for being more productive with Slack
One of the most interesting aspects of this tool is that it offers a wide range of functions and tips, so that its use is adapted to the needs of each person or company.
If you want to learn more about this topic, take note of the following tips and tricks to help you be more productive with Slack :
If you don’t like the default layout of Slack, you can easily change it and adapt it to your style to work more comfortably. To do this, you can change the look by using themes that change the color of the sidebar.
To do this, go to the preferences area. You can log in to the top right of the workspace under Slack, click on the profile picture and then click on Settings. Navigate to the topics in this section. You have access to all customization options when designing your workspace. You can select Low Dark or Bright mode, colors, etc.
Do not disturb activate
This configuration is very useful when you are busy with other activities and want to avoid interruptions. Once you activate the Do Not Disturb mode, you will not receive any notifications for a certain period of time. To do this, click on your profile picture in the top right corner, go to Break Notifications and choose a time of your choice. You can also set up a personal schedule there.
Tick your favourite cats and channels
On the other hand, if you have important conversations or favorite channels that you need quick access to, Slack gives you the ability to bookmark them. This is done with an asterisk.
So a concrete way to do it:
- Go to the chat or channel you want to bookmark.
- Once there, click on the asterisk at the top of the page.
- You can access the chat or channel specified under My Favorites in the sidebar.
If you’re working on a project or have multiple tasks, you may find that at some point you stop working. To avoid this, it’s best to program reminders so you don’t miss anything. It is possible with Slackbot. He is responsible for sending a direct message describing the reminder at the time of your choice.
Therefore follow the steps below to program a reminder from your PC:
- Go to the field to write a new message and click on the lightning symbol on the left.
- Click on Election Reminder.
- Press the If button to select a date.
- To set the time, open the menu under Time.
- Under the Description option, place the reminder text where you want it.
- Click on Create.
Using shortcut keys
If you want to reduce your effort with Slack, it is very convenient to use keyboard shortcuts. In this way, the efficiency of the platform is increased.
To check the available key combinations, proceed as follows
- Under Windows / Linux : Press Ctrl + ‘.
- On Mac: Press Command + ‘.
However, if you are not sure about the available keyboard shortcuts in Slack depending on your computer, you can consult the help center of this tool or enter the following link: https://slack.com/intl/es-ve/help/articles/201374536-Atajos-de-teclado-en-Slack.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible, which I’m sure will be a great help to more members of the community. Thank you!
Author: Patricia Jimenez
Graduate in social communication with extensive experience as a writer and content author, passionate about Apple products, macOS, iPhone …
You may also be interested in the following product:
how to use slack effectively, slack user guide pdf, slack 101, how to use slack video, slack help, how to use slack for beginners, slack app, slack login