This instant messaging application has become one of the best options for any workgroup looking for a safe place to share information.
It also excels in offering very advanced options and reminders that will be very useful for everyone because it will help the chain and its members avoid missing out on several things.
Reminder of the energy plan in the Slack workspace This is very important for everyone, especially since it is a fairly simple process that we will teach you afterwards.
Learn step by step how to add reminders to the Slack menu to complete tasks later
The procedure for adding a reminder to Slack is quite simple and can be used by any member of the application.
Below you will find the steps to achieve this:
Make a memento for yourself
- If you are using the Slack application from your computer, you need to select the lightning bolt icon on the left side of the message box to open the context menu.
- Select Set Reminder from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Then you have to click on the When field, for which you can set the date.
- You now need to open the Time menu to select a reminder time.
- Next, you must define the description In this field, you must enter the text of the reminder so that you can see the task to be performed when it is activated.
- Finally, you need to click on the Create option to complete the process.
- Finally, it should be noted that the procedure for making a callback from a mobile device is basically the same, so you will have no problem performing this operation on another device.
Create a recall action for a channel or person
Maybe for some reason you need to make a reminder for another person or channel, or because another team member has something important to do and you want to make sure they don’t forget.
In these cases you must use the command / remember, follow the steps we teach you below:
- Again, you must be in one of the user’s chat rooms and click on the lightning icon to open the context menu.
- As soon as the menu appears, click on the search bar and there Enter / Remember. Once it appears, you have to select it.
- You must now enter the reminder data in the message field in the following format: /record [@alguien o #channel] [qué] [cuándo].
- The next step is to send your message so that you can program a reminder. To do this, Slackbot sends a reminder in a live message to the person of your choice or posts a message directly to the channel of your choice.
Calendar reminder of sms.
You can also program a lax message reminder for you. To do this, Slackbot will send you a reminder message at a time of your choice.
This requires the following steps:
- You must first move the mouse cursor over the message.
- Here you have to select the icon with the three dots so that the More actions menu appears.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select the option Remember me.
- In the window that opens, select a period from the list or select the Customize option to set the desired period.
As mentioned in the post, Slack distinguishes itself by the fact that it offers very important tools and functions. It will also help you to remember important tasks or comments in your workspace so that you don’t miss anything.
We will therefore show you other actions here that you can easily remember, because everything we will teach you below is described in detail:
Storing important messages
You can create a to-do list that stores only the important messages and files that need your attention at any given time. Users can use this feature to keep track of the items they need to work with.
Remember that when you save a message, every reply to the subject will be added. When you upload a file to an added message, you can choose to save only the message or only the file, or both.
The procedure for viewing saved items is very simple, just go to the left sidebar and select the Saved Items option, while saving important messages requires you to follow the steps below:
- Find the message you want to save and move over it.
- Click the Save icon in the options that appear.
Mark as unread
Another option Slack offers you is the ability to mark messages as unread. You should note that a received message that opens automatically is displayed as read, either in the channel or in a direct message.
But fortunately the application allows you to change this option, so you can choose one of the following options:
- View the last unread message and mark the call as read.
- Start with the last read message and mark the call as read.
- Start with the last message and don’t read it.
With this in mind we will now explain how to change this parameter and mark a message as unread.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Once you have identified the message you want to mark as unread, press and hold the key.
- In the options that appear, Highlight as unread to mark the selected message and all messages sent afterwards as unread.
Creating a communication flow
Users can start a call wire from any message, which enables better organisation of calls in channels and direct messages. These topics are also referred to as side conversations. They allow you to discuss topics in detail without confusing the main conversation.
This makes it much easier to follow the conversation, and only those who have commented on the subject participate. Note that threads are always associated with the original message, but replies to these secondary conversations do not appear in the main view of the conversation, and only those who have commented will receive notifications.
References such as @here or @channel are used to create a thread. Therefore, the following steps must be followed to create a flow:
- When you meet on a chat room or in a direct message, hover your mouse over the message you want to reply to.
- In the given options you have to choose the answers in the stream.
- Then a reply to the above message will be written.
- I mean, you have to send it. This allows you to start a thread on a particular topic without disrupting the main conversation.
Conversation of sentences
SlackThis is perfect if you’re having an important conversation and want easy access to it. In this case, the pricked messages are highlighted in the call, so that other members know that they have been pricked.
Therefore, in order to create a position and gain quick access, you must follow each of these steps:
- Here you have to place the mouse pointer on the message you want to pin down.
- If it is already highlighted, you need to click on the icon with the three dots to open the Other actions menu.
- Select Lock with a pin in the channel or Lock this channel in a direct message from the options shown.
- This way you can add important messages that you should be able to consult easily.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will contact you as soon as possible and it will also be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you so much!
Maybe you are also interested in :