Fortunately, Android and other devices allow us to easily create and sync multiple email accounts, although there is a limit so as not to oversaturate the hardware we use.
In this article, we will show you how to add or remove Gmail accounts on any device, so you can have a second email address without any problems.
Step-by-step instructions for adding a second email account in Gmail for use on the same device
Adding a second email account to your device is easy enough. Then we’ll show you how to do it on your Android device as you would on your computer.
We’ll see about that:
Under Android, the process of adding or deleting an email account is very simple, which is normal since it is one of the most intuitive mobile operating systems available.
To add a new account, follow the steps below:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail email application.
- In the top right corner you will see a profile picture of the main account you have already added, you need to click on it and select Add Account.
- All you have to do is log in with your new credentials and the device is added.
If you want to remove or delete it from the device for security reasons, the steps are essentially the same.
All you have to do is this:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app.
- In the top right corner, you need to tap on your profile picture.
- Now select the Manage Accounts option for this device.
- Select the Gmail account you want to delete, and then click Delete Account.
It’s just as easy to add or remove a Gmail account on your new Android device. This is a process that takes no more than a few minutes, or even seconds, if you are an experienced person with a cell phone.
In the computer
On the computer we have several ways to do this. The first thing we will explain here is of an email application called Windows 10 Mail.
Here are the steps in this process:
- Go to the Windows 10 Mail app and click on the three intersecting lines at the top left of the screen.
- Now select the Accounts option, which will open a pane on the right side of the interface that displays the Add Account option you need to select.
- All you have to do is enter the information for your new account and that’s it, the process is complete.
The second way is the Google Chrome browser, which has advantages in that you automatically export important information stored in the specified account to the browser, such as Key Manager passwords or browsing history and associated bookmarks.
You need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to Gmail.com from Google Chrome and click on the profile image in the top right corner of your inbox.
- You will now see the Add another account option that you need to select.
- A new window will immediately open where you need to enter your account information, and voila, you can now use both Gmail profiles from your computer.
The same steps apply if you wish to perform this operation in other browsers such as Opera, Mozilla or EDGE.
How many Gmail accounts can I have on the same mobile or desktop device?
The only thing you need to know about this is that you can have up to 5 accounts on the same device at the same time. To get a 6. the Gmail platform automatically asks you to delete one of your existing accounts. Otherwise, you won’t be able to sign in with the new account, either on Android or through a browser on Windows 10 or any other operating system.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will get back to you as soon as possible and it will also be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author: Anabel Hernandez
He is a graduate of the Public Relations and Advertising Department. My skills are social communication, marketing and digital advertising. The internet is my second home.
You may also be interested in the following product:
frequently asked questions
How do I add an existing Gmail account to my Google Account?
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app. Type your profile picture in the top right corner. Tap Add another account. Select the type of account you wish to add.
How do I create a new Gmail account step-by-step?
Scab: Setting Up Your Gmail Account – GCFLearnFree.org
How do I create a second Gmail account for 2020?
Once you’re signed into your first Gmail account, click the profile icon in the upper right corner. Then click on Add account. Your first Gmail account will remain open and a new tab will appear allowing you to create a new Gmail account. Then click on Use another account.
add second gmail account,how to add a google account on computer,add google account to iphone,add account google,gmail sign in to another account gmail,how to add a google account on chromebook,google account sign in,free email account,create email account yahoo,create facebook account,gmail sign out,google account recovery,sign in gmail account,Feedback,g suite setup wizard,create g suite account free,how to make a gsuite account for youtube,g suite account sign in,how to create g suite account for education,how to activate my gmail account,how to activate my email account,activate gmail g suite,activate my google account,account activation email message,google account sign in page,gmailify,google account creation page,delete google account,how to create a non gmail account,Privacy settings,How Search works,create new gmail account,create new email account,gmail login,gmail sign in,gmail sign in add account,add google account,i want to see my google account