The use of subtitles is therefore very practical to avoid misunderstandings. Subtitles can also be an important tool when you are talking to someone in another language, as it makes it easier for you to understand them.
In this article, you will learn how to place and activate subtitles in Skype from any of your devices? We will also introduce an interesting feature called Skype Translator.
Step-by-step guide to enabling Skype subtitles quickly and easily from any device
With live subtitles, you can read everything they say in both the video and audio conversation. However, it should be noted that they are not available in Skype for Android version 4.0.4-5.1.
Once you’ve considered it, you can enable the feature on your devices:
- During a video or audio call, press the plus button, an icon with three horizontal dots.
- Click the Add Subtitles button and you’re done.
We show you how to quickly and easily change the subtitle language on any Skypevideo call.
In Skype, you can customize the language of the subtitles. This is a very simple operation that is performed the same way no matter what command you are running it from.
To change the subtitle language, do the following
- Click on the profile picture in Skype.
- Go to the settings.
- Click on the call with the phone icon.
- Choose challenge in signature.
- Next to the Subtitle Language option, change to Speech Language.
- Select the desired language from the list.
What languages can be set in the subtitles?
The Skype platform supports a total of 11 languages for subtitles. There are some fairly common ones and some more complicated ones, as in the case of Chinese, Russian, etc.
So these are the languages that can be set in Skype’s subtitles:
- Traditional Chinese.
- English (USA).
- United Kingdom English).
- The Japanese.
- Spanish – Spain).
How do I set live subtitles as the default for all Skype calls?
- Go to your profile picture and log in.
- Click the Configure button.
- Click on the Call icon.
- Go to the vocational guidance.
- Activate the Show signatures for all calls option. If you only want to see the subtitles of other participants and not your own, change the option Only show subtitles of other participants.
One thing to keep in mind is that the touch sound will stop working if subtitles are enabled.
Skype Translator Learn step-by-step how to make subtitles in other languages appear in your real-time calls!
If you’re talking to someone who doesn’t speak your language and you can’t understand them, using Skype Translator can be very useful. You’re asking yourself: What is the difference between Skype Translator and Skype Subtitles? The answer is that live signatures are not translated, but Skype Translator is.
But you should know that his job is not as easy as you might think. Then, thanks to this technology, you can have a quiet conversation with each other, and the translation of what each person says will be taken care of. If you want to use Skype Translate to have a conversation with someone who speaks a language other than your own, you must enable the Conversation Translation feature.
The procedure is as follows:
- Go to Chat Y, right click on the contact.
- Log in to your viewing profile.
- Select Send translation request to translated calls.
- The other contact is notified that Skype Translator is being used in the call. Press the Accept key to continue. At this point, it should be noted that both versions must have the latest version of Skype.
- When you accept the invitation, Skype calls and instant messages are translated into the language of your choice.
- During these calls, Skype displays the messages as they are being translated. However, you also have the option of displaying the original message.
All you need to know is that the translated conversation is still available in a real conversation with that person. This means you can access it whenever you want. However, if you want to start a new translation of a conversation with another person, you need to enable translated conversations in the other contact’s profile.
To make a translated audio or video call, you must click the audio or video call button. Your voice is translated and the translation is displayed as subtitles in the conversation window.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. We will respond as soon as possible and this will be a great help to other members of the community. Thank you.
Author : Patricia Jimenez
Graduate in social communications with extensive experience as a content writer and author, passionate about Apple products, macOS, iPhone….
You may also be interested in:
frequently asked questions
How do I enable subtitles in Skype?
How do I activate subtitles?
how to activate subtitles…
Can I get subtitles on Skype?
(To do this, click on your profile picture, then click on Settings, then on Calls, then on Call Subtitles, and check the Show subtitles option for all voice and video calls). …